Thread: Wrong gears :(

Run_em_Hard
    To keep a long story short, screwed up my outdrive ordered a used Bravo w/imco gears. They were suppost to be 1.5's but come to fine out they are the 1.25's. What are my best options? Prop, gears? Gears are just so damn expensive. Does anyone have a used set for sale or to trade?

BDMar
    I probably do. Call me, there are too many options for which gears you need.... Bravo I changes in the top, XR and converted Bravo I's to XR changes in the bottom.
    626-443-3721
    Brian

ToMorrow44
    You could just change prop size but I don't know what prop size you're at now, you may run out of sizes. Probably the best idea is to change the gears out and run the right prop. Some say that it's best to run the 1.5 gears until you run out of prop sizes then go lower. I have a set of 1.5 gears that came out of a TCM Platinum (non-xr) drive if you might be interested. I don't know if you need an XR or not but BD marine could probably give some insight into compatability...
    -Tom

Run_em_Hard
    You could just change prop size but I don't know what prop size you're at now, you may run out of sizes. Probably the best idea is to change the gears out and run the right prop. Some say that it's best to run the 1.5 gears until you run out of prop sizes then go lower. I have a set of 1.5 gears that came out of a TCM Platinum (non-xr) drive if you might be interested. I don't know if you need an XR or not but BD marine could probably give some insight into compatability...
    -Tom
    I am sorry but it seems that I am going to need XR gears. I also think that I would run out of prop if I just kept the 1.25's. With the 1.5's I run a 23p Rev 4.

BDMar
    I am sorry but it seems that I am going to need XR gears. I also think that I would run out of prop if I just kept the 1.25's. With the 1.5's I run a 23p Rev 4.
    Nice talking to you yesterday. If you run a 23 now, unfortunatley you will not find a prop that works correctly with the 1.25's.

ToMorrow44
    Thats fine just thought I'd offer. You could look on offshoreonly.com a couple people have complete 1.5 lowers for around $2000+/- and then maybe you could sell the 1.25s. I have a spare 1.5 XR lower standard length standard bravo housing that I might be willing to sell also. PM if you're interested in that.
    -Tom