Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of a 1970 Sanger

DansBlown73Nordic
    I had these pictured e-mailed to me today. I think this boat must be kinda rare with the right side steering. The guy wants $5900 for the boat. The trailer looks like an old dock... eek! [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/MikeBoat.JPG[/img]

superdave013
    That trailer is hurtin! I bet you gotta back half your truck in the water to get the boat off. 6 bills will get ya a pretty nice ol flat out here. Might be worth shipping it.

DansBlown73Nordic
    What about the right hand steering? Is that kinda strange?

DansBlown73Nordic
    What about the right hand steering? Is that kinda strange?

69 Elim
    very cool boat. right hand steering is very rare - I've never seen another one like it. (still foot throtle?)

Riptide01
    I have my doubts that that is a 1970 Sanger.

coolchange
    Rips right, thats not a 70 Sanger. Could be an older one though. Right steer just means the guy couldn't convert when he stepped up from an OB!

DansBlown73Nordic
    I will have to call him and ask somemore questions. I thought it was kinda strange being right steer. I also thought the boat looked alot older than 1970. He wants $6000 for it. I think he is a little out of line. wink

Riptide01
    I know this has probably been stated before.
    But with older V-drives and (yuck) Jets.
    Lots of guys think the year that is on the Title or registration is the year the boat was built.
    But lots of guys and racers never registered or titled the boats. Because all they were used for was racing. Went through that with the boat my brother bought. We knew it was a 72 , but the guy that had it swore it was a 76.

FlatRacer
    Some of the early circle racers had right hand steering. When they installed the engine "backwards" so it could run a RH prop to help it turn left, they felt it was neccessary to move the driver to the starboard side to counteract the torque. This practice was soon abandoned as it was discovered that the port side driving position was more of a benefit in the turns than it was a detriment in the straights.
    I had a '67 wood deck Sanger that was set up this way www.geocities.com/kool_toyz
    I've also seen some Pattersons set up likewise.
    Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast