Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick AZ overtime question

Some Kind Of Monster
    In AZ, Is it legal for an employer not to pay time and a half for hours worked over 40 in a week?

Classic Daycruiser
    If your employer does not pay you time and a half, I'd look for another Job.

Some Kind Of Monster
    If your employer does not pay you time and a half, I'd look for another Job.
    Are you hiring?
    .......Anyone?

AZKC
    In certain situations it can happen, with holidays or sick time, and according to how the work week is set up Sun-Sun or Friday to Friday. Also it can be based on a 80 hour work week. Yes it can happen. You'd need to define the pay period and hours/days worked to identify if your getting focked legaly or just getting focked

Some Kind Of Monster
    All I know is that anything over 40 hours in a work week is O/T. Last check doesn't say so though

460 jus getn it
    All I know is that anything over 40 hours in a work week is O/T. Last check doesn't say so though
    I would check with your company.
    I thought it was law that anything over 40 was time and a half

Some Kind Of Monster
    I would check with your company.
    I thought it was law that anything over 40 was time and a half
    I am in the process. I don't want to just say "alright" if they tell me they won't pay. My check comes from Jersey..

DeltaSigBoater
    Been down this road before... it sucks!
    Boss told me on friday afternoon (hour 37 of 40) that I was going to work saturday & sunday, but I was not going to get paid overtime. I told her that if I wasnt getting paid OT then I was not coming in.
    She told me that if I didnt show up Sat & Sun then dont bother showing up Monday. I told her that she would be hearing from my attorney and the State Labor Board - she was dumbfounded to say the least, because she knew she was wrong.
    I got my OT :devil:

Chico&Zeus
    Also I know that agriculture companies are exempt, one of my buddies drives truck for a company that just happens to be owned by a large farming business and even though he delivers industrial parts to construction sites, he doesn't get 1 1/2 OT.

Some Kind Of Monster
    To get a little more specific, I am a network engineer, and the overtime was authorized, and I was paid for it, but only regular time instead of time and a half.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast