Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought my first boat yesterday!!

Tahiti71121
    It is a Tahiti jet boat with a berkley jet 12jc-a and a place diverter. It is set up for a sbc. I have ALOT of questions lol.
    1)The steering wheel has no mounting to the shaft, what do i need to fix that?
    2)The reverse/forward selector will bring the shaft up, but won't drop it back down.. why is this?
    3)where can i buy a shifter for the place diverter? or are there other ways of rigging it up for cheaper?
    4)Are there any shops here in the Portland, Oregon area?
    5)Oh and what do i need to hook the engine to the pump?
    thanks, dylan
    p.s. i will try to post some pics after work tonight

n8dawg
    It is a Tahiti jet boat with a berkley jet 12jc-a and a place diverter. It is set up for a sbc. I have ALOT of questions lol.
    1)The steering wheel has no mounting to the shaft, what do i need to fix that?
    2)The reverse/forward selector will bring the shaft up, but won't drop it back down.. why is this?
    3)where can i buy a shifter for the place diverter? or are there other ways of rigging it up for cheaper?
    4)Are there any shops here in the Portland, Oregon area?
    5)Oh and what do i need to hook the engine to the pump?
    thanks, dylan
    p.s. i will try to post some pics after work tonight
    1st: Congrats on the boat!!!!
    pictures are worth a thousand words, and you can contact Place Diverter directly... www.placediverter.com
    you also might want to check out some performance boating catalogs for parts like REX MARINE and EDDIE MARINE
    A drive line conects the engine to the pump.

smokinflatties
    there is a adapter off the flywheel the a drive line

hellman2u
    Contact Ray Defir @ Defir marine in Corbett, He custom builds boats . Great guy ! 503 695 5780 He does a lot of jet stuff, as well as builds Raysoncraft boats. Good luck on your project. Jim

BrendellaJet
    I've got a 1310 Hbar and driveline assembly for sale. Needs new universals.

78Eliminator
    Nice boat. I would seriously consider re-rigging the boat for a big block chevy. Those jets need ungodly amounts of horsepower to move at any kind of real speed. Parts for a BBC are pretty abundant too.

ck7684
    For sure, go with a BBC. I had a boat set up for a SBC once but it was only 14ft long!!

76ANTHONY
    if your gonna build a sbc for that you better be making that rotating assy reaalyyyy light and it best make some serious power.
    that boat is bitchin lookin, good buy there for a first boat, shoulda saw my first boat before i rebuilt it, wooooweeeee, pink and purple metalic flake dont look good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast