Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Smith park??

BA Kurtis
    South of laughlin, Any of you guy's been there? I am going to meet some freinds there on 5/18 and I would like to take the boat but not sure how flat bottom freindly that part of the river is

dmontzsta
    Jack Smiths in Needles?
    Great place! The place we always end up when it is river time.

I've been told that it is best to run south of Jack Smith ramp not north. North has all the condos on the river and apparently they aren't noise friendly...

GofastRacer
    South of laughlin, Any of you guy's been there? I am going to meet some freinds there on 5/18 and I would like to take the boat but not sure how flat bottom freindly that part of the river is
    If you know where Needles Marina is, it's 5 minutes away and it's a nice place to launch, and if you run south there's nothing down that way so there's no one to bitch about noise, nice stretch of water right there!..

dmontzsta
    Last time I was down there I ran from Jack Smiths up to the Needles bride and back down to Moabi, it was safe. Nice, deep and wide. Past the bridge I could see the bottom and down by Moabi there was people standing almost in the middle of the river.

GofastRacer
    Don't want to be running up that way if you have open headers though, you'll upset the a$$holes that go to the river for peace and quiet!..

BA Kurtis
    Thank's guy's for the info, Im going and looking forward to it sounds like a cool place

Sanger D
    Hey Dan, we had a meeting with local Law enforcment and if you run open piped ,DO not go up river from there or cops WILL be called and you will get cited. They said you can turn right out of marina and run ALL you want ,but do not go left or its gonna be the end of it all for everyone,have fun and be careful!!!!

BA Kurtis
    Thank's for the heads up D, hows the boat coming along? Hope to see you out there this summer

v-drive
    If you take the Kurtis I expect to see a run from the bridge back towards needles marina. There's a high spot where someone with a video camera can get some great footage. :coffeycup :coffeycup ..Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast