Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boxers - the dogs

Chipster27
    Do you have one? What are the pros? Cons? What to look out for? Do they like water? Barkers? Agressive? Shed? Stink? Handle heat? Good with kids/dogs/other people?
    Elevn years ago I picked up two mutts from the pound. The vets seemed to think they were Shar-pei/reteriver mixes and between 1 and 2 years old. Monday we had to put the girl down. She had deteriorated over the past 6 months and finally got to the point where she couldn't walk and was losing control of her bodily functions.
    Now we're looking to replace her and have found a brother and sister pair of Boxers that are absolutly adorable. From all the research we have done they seem to be a good breed and woudl fit our criteria.
    So before we kicked down the $$$ I wanted to see if anyone else had experience with this breed.
    Thanks!

YeLLowBoaT
    The only place I would get a dog or cat is a shelter...

DILLIGAF
    Had one and he was a great dog. Always wanted to just hang close to me. Good around kids and looked like a menace. Very smart dogs and do good with proper training. Didn't like the water much but he did not grow up arund it.
    The Roxysnows have a couple of boxers and they could probably give you more info than me.

havadream
    We Have Had Are Boxer For 5 Years And We Got Him At About 18 Months From A Rescue. He Has Been Great With The Kid. The Kids Were About 2 And 12 Years Old. We Have Had No Problems!

moneypit
    make sure you do your research. Boxers can be aggresive. They are very protective but family oriented. Brother has had three boxers. A few of them bit neighbor kids... They were handled very well and very much apart of the family. the biting came out of no where... do a google search about the breed. I was also looking into getting a Boxer but I chose an American Bulldog instead. I think that the individual dog is the most impotant part in choosing though.

ELVIS
    we have had five boxers the last eighteen years, great dogs. now i've gone gay and have three poodles. get the boxers.....

Chipster27
    we have had five boxers the last eighteen years, great dogs. now i've gone gay and have three poodles. get the boxers.....
    Good to hear that even though you're gay you like boxers, a thongs do not look good on guys :sqeyes:

havadream
    CHIPSTER, got my boxer from boxer rescue in Ca. The dog was hit by a car at about 15 months old. He had 2 months of surgury to fix a broken jaw and a broken hip. We took him because he had all the good markings of a puebred boxer. He hates to be washed but, loves to sleep. If you are hang'in and bull shit'n, he likes to sit on your foot and start shootting the shit with the guys. He protects owr daughter and loves to lay in the driveway. If you are getting puppies, make sue you doc the tail. They get real excited and the tail can hurt little kids, and yoour coffee table stuff.

eliminatedsprinter
    I have a patient who has a Boxer, that is a registerd service dog. That dog is flat out amazing.

Huckleberry
    I have two female boxers. We love them! They are VERY intelligent pups. They are great family dogs, good burglar alarms, and love to play. They will play with each other until they collapse, rest for a while, and start all over. One of them loves water, and the other will only wade in it. They do need to taken to obedience training as they are a stubborn breed if not trained. Once trained, they are awesome pets. I did adopt one male boxer from the LA Boxer Rescue. He was a great pup until he decided one day that his goal in life was to try to kill our mastiff. This was after he had been in our home for over a month! We had to taken him back. I felt like shiat for days after having to taken him back. He just needed a home where he was the only dog. Here's a pic of our two burglar alarms along side the Burglar Catcher, our 180 pound mastiff.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...he_Pups_PS.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast