Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: School Lockdowns

ChumpChange
    How many schools will be locked down today because it's the anniversary of Columbine?
    Turns out my old school has been. Bonita High School in La Verne, CA. I guess a student went missing yesterday with a bunch of guns from his house. What a messed up world we live in.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    :jawdrop: well that's not good.

NOTALENT
    Wow....thats scary.

COWBOY KENNY
    I Blame The Schools A Lot For This They Are Afraid To Put Their Foot Down With Students.

Fire Angler
    Bonita school district in San Dimas for one. One of the high school students stole a couple of rifles with ammo from his parents, and is now missing.
    The school called to let everyone know of the possible danger (props to the school for getting the word out quickly) before my eldest Daughter got on the bus, my second Daughter is on her way home from science camp, and my poor 6 year was in lock down mode.
    Needless to say, it's been scary day for the Parents & Kids in San Dimas and La Verne.

Riverless
    ok, so this week alone is the anniversary of columbine, waco, oklahoma city and now virginia tech? what is up with that?

lewiville
    I Blame The Schools A Lot For This They Are Afraid To Put Their Foot Down With Students.
    Do you have kids? I think we have as a country that is rebuilding itself from being very lackadaisical to threats in the last 5 years, we need to start taking this stuff pretty seriously. Threat or not.

Kilrtoy
    I don't think many are, it may be in the back of the admin's minds

AirtimeLavey
    Bonita school district in San Dimas for one. One of the high school students stole a couple of rifles with ammo from his parents, and is now missing.
    The school called to let everyone know of the possible danger (props to the school for getting the word out quickly) before my eldest Daughter got on the bus, my second Daughter is on her way home from science camp, and my poor 6 year was in lock down mode.
    Needless to say, it's been scary day for the Parents & Kids in San Dimas and La Verne.
    Hope they find that kid soon. Terrible for your kids to have it come so close to home. I was in Spain for 9th grade, at an American school in Madrid, and we got a couple bomb scares. Of course that's in a foreign country, and you have different safety concerns anyway, but it still rattles you as kid.

lalhc
    Scary thing. I am a Bonita graduate and I just found out about this. My nieces & nephews were sent home from their school today in La Verne.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast