Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New to Hot Boat...Magic Deck Questions

liquid
    newbie here I want to apologize for starting a repetitive thread here on Hot Boat. Seems that all you have to do is search "magic boats" and alot comes up, but i have a question about Magic Boats from the owners that own them.
    At the Orange County boat show and seems to be the place to hang out. We are in the market for a deck boat and Magic pretty much has it covered. after being a lurker on this board for about 2 weeks there are alot of nice magics in peoples profiles. IF someone can direct me to the nicest one i would like to compare.
    ? for anyone
    1) what size motor is enough power for a 28 deckboat
    2) magic warranty? hull and drive
    3) magic vs advantage vs shockwave vs__________
    4) Do you add performance motor is it worth it?
    5) How much will i spend on the nicest one vs "standard options"
    5) Do i ask to to many questions
    I asked my Magic sales the rep the same questions i just want the opinions from the people that use them....
    Thanks again Hot Boaters and OMG this board is addicting

OutCole'd
    1)525
    2)Not sure, ask the rep. but I think hull is 5 years and rest is one year.
    3)Way too many to choose from now, I like the Conquest, Shockwave, Cobra, Howard, etc, and for sure the Magic. All real nice boats.
    4)Of course
    5)Not sure, talk to the rep, but will be way too much!
    6)yes

Cole Trickle
    Nice boat...Needs a 525
    We have been treated very well by Magic/Sleek over the past couple years

Advantage Adam
    newbie here I want to apologize for starting a repetitive thread here on Hot Boat. Seems that all you have to do is search "magic boats" and alot comes up, but i have a question about Magic Boats from the owners that own them.
    At the Orange County boat show and seems to be the place to hang out. We are in the market for a deck boat and Magic pretty much has it covered. after being a lurker on this board for about 2 weeks there are alot of nice magics in peoples profiles. IF someone can direct me to the nicest one i would like to compare.
    ? for anyone
    1) what size motor is enough power for a 28 deckboat
    2) magic warranty? hull and drive
    3) magic vs advantage vs shockwave vs__________
    4) Do you add performance motor is it worth it?
    5) How much will i spend on the nicest one vs "standard options"
    5) Do i ask to to many questions
    I asked my Magic sales the rep the same questions i just want the opinions from the people that use them....
    Thanks again Hot Boaters and OMG this board is addicting
    Call Larry or Tim. These guys are never too busy for questions. They helped me out when I built my sled. 928-680-7600
    Adam

lklndoo
    1) 525, is needed. We test drove both a 496 HO and 525, and once u load the boat down with people, gas and coolers you will be glad you got the 525
    2) Cant remember off the top of my head.
    3) magic vs Howard. Thats my opinion of the best two deck boats. Our neighbors in Havasu springs, have the howard that was in hot boat a few months back, great looking boat. But sit in both of these boats and look at the small details.
    4) Yep, you can never have too much horsepower ( You can never be too thin, have too much money, or have too much horsepower).
    5) i think with the 525 its like 100K or so.....
    5) nope
    We got ours in Feb.

INI
    for the market they are the best boats out...sure over played a bit but what nice thing isn't..
    1) 525 with a Whipple...90+mph boat
    2) industry standard.....everyone is the same...maybe manuf have perks
    3) magic
    4) Does a bear save forest fires?
    5) for sale @ 130,000
    5) smart people ask questions

Havasu1986
    for the market they are the best boats out...sure over played a bit but what nice thing isn't..
    1) 525 with a Whipple...90+mph boat
    2) industry standard.....everyone is the same...maybe manuf have perks
    3) magic
    4) Does a bear save forest fires?5) for sale @ 130,000
    5) smart people ask questions
    Not a polar bear.

Not So Fast
    You got the right guy here for talkin
    1.Motor- depends on you but but as someone on here said "I never heard someone say I wish my boat was slower!!!!!" Build it once period!!!
    2.Warranty- I thought the hull was 10 years but?? Drive/engine is thru Mercury!
    3.Drive them all and decide, money is king!!
    4.From personal experience get the 525 (see my threads on swap, plenty of'em)
    5.They come pretty nicely equipped so its up to you, again money is king!
    6.Never to many questions, wish I would have asked more when I bought mine!
    As far as which one to buy you will hear from every owner that "Theirs is the one" but in the end it's your decision. Is the Magic worthy, hell yes, could they build a better boat, hell yes but couldnt they all? Lots of choices out there so good luck, pm if you want.
    Oh yeah and dont forget that OutColed is in charge of the "every weekend Magic regattas" NSF

Not So Fast
    Call Larry or Tim. These guys are never too busy for questions. They helped me out when I built my sled. 928-680-7600
    Adam
    Dont be so modest, thats one of the nicest Magics around and as far as "a sled" I doubt that with the package you have. Someday please say what numbers you run, I would love to hear about it. Beautiful boat!!! NSF

BajaMike
    The other plus about Magic, during the summer, they have a regatta in the channel every weekend.......

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast