Thread: Air Pollution

Schiada76
    I'm helping Ultra out here. I just figured out he doesn't know how to start a thread.
    Who's for it who's against it.
    Personally I'm all for it, I don't trust air I can't see. I think little kids should all get asthma and die from lung related illness. I especially liked the way it burnt my eyes and set off my asthma when I was a kid because I liked to go to the hospital unable to breath here in LA when I was a child.
    That is what libs think we conservatives believe anyway.
    What I really belive is that industry has made massive improvements in air quality (water too) in the last fifty years with more to come. I have great faith in mankinds ability to adapt and improve on existing technology to keep the air we breath and the water we drink safe and clean. I also think it is idiotic to have not put a nuke plant on line in what, thirty years? The bark eaters hate them too though.
    The fact is we've only used oil as a major resource for well less than 100 years and as new technology makes other forms of cleaner energy affordable they will become more common place.
    In the meantime we shouldn't panic, run around like our hair is on fire, screaming about killing the planet.
    What say you?

bigq
    You mean technology like the Prius in which the manufacturing plant that makes part of the batteries has killed off the forest around it kinda advancement?
    Also air pollution and global warming are two different conerns as I understand. I remember when I was a kid in the 70's all the stage 1 smog alerts we use to have as compared to now. So ya clean air good

SmokinLowriderSS
    As much as I enjoy "stirring the pot" (or at least that is what i get accused of ), I'm all for minimizing polution. Clean air is a good thing, one of the reasons I live rurally, and like to camp and boat.
    For this reason, my boat, my trucks, and my motorcycles are kept in good tune and proper running order.
    I have no problem with hybrid vehicles, out of my price range currently tho.
    I even bicycle from time to time (just not for my 43 mile work commute )

Schiada76
    WTF?????
    I'm not feeling the love.
    I start a thread to help John out and he ignores it.
    I'm crushed.

SmokinLowriderSS
    He's still trying to digest my admitted preference for clean air.
    A bit off topic, but a dichotomy as well, I'm a hunter who believes in conservation.
    Don't wanna hijack ya thread tho Schiada.

ULTRA26 # 1
    WTF?????
    I'm not feeling the love.
    I start a thread to help John out and he ignores it.
    I'm crushed.
    Not ignoring. I am a terrible typist and it seems like a waste to restate most of what I've said. I will say that I am happy to hear that you guys do give a sh*t about the environment. atmosphere related or not.
    Smokin,
    New word to me, "dichotomy". I like new words. Thanks