Thread: Rosie fired

gochappy
    so do you suppose they will offer her job to Imus?

it's about time nbc wised up and dumps that obnioxous angry unkept looking person. short term ratings at the expense of dedicated long term viewership imo. People watch for a short time for the drama while long time dedicated viewers are turned off and leave. Then the short termers leave too and the show ends up at a much lower rating level than prior to the drama queen. It will be interesting to see what the ratings are next season.
    much like the Sanjaya scenario on AI.

gochappy
    hey I liked sanjio or whatever his name was.....he was like a modern day Don Ho or someone...not as lot of talent but a nightclub entertainer..I especially liked him because everyone wanted him kicked off.of course I've only seen that show probably twice in my life.....

asch
    Actually, I can think of some things I'd like to do to her with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. Downside is ...she'd probably like it so there'd really be no fun in it .:sqeyes:

Old Texan
    Makes you wonder what in the hell producers and anyone in the entertainment industry ever saw in her. At best she was a bit player. The baseball movie, I forgot the name, with the women filling in for males during WWII was a great movie and RD fit her part well, an obnoxious shemale jock with a Brooklyn accent. Other than a similar role she is limited completely. She ain't funny and her venture into talk shows and magazines has been disasterous.
    I'd wager she's got pix of some exec doing her in a barnyard and he doesn't want them to be plastered all over the internet. Maybe Trump will figure this out and buy them. The Bilge Idiot could have a "Chopfest" with "Rosie the Pig" material...:devil:

Moneypitt
    Rosie who???

Flyinbowtie
    Old Texan;
    I think it was, and remains about money, and mouthpiecing for a political agenda. I don't even know when that damn show was on, and only found out cause of all the shiznit.
    O'Donnell spent her year, boosted the ratings, but she is now on the bad side of the risk/benefit analysis all the legal yahoos at the network are continuously running. Couple that with the Imus deal, and the fact that Walters is clearly tired of apologizing for her, it is easy to see why she didn't stay. The "contract negotiations" broke down because they didn't want her no mo. There were no negotiations.
    Now, she'll get another show-of-her-own, and it will do well for awhile, and then even the people who like her won't be interested enough to bring in the advertisers, and she'll be gone.
    You guys are right tho, every time I see her, and hear her, she trips at least half of the "This bitch is crazy, she is really pissed at somebody" breakers in this old cops' head.
    She reminds me of a nutcase I had to take to the puzzle house (booby Hatch)
    one time. In fact, they look alot alike. About half way down there, a big-rig driver gave me the high sign that all was not well in the back seat. it was nightime, and I knew she was alive and breathing well because she was screamin at me all they down there, about 45 miles. I had a rookie with me, and it was his job to keep an eye on her. He failed.
    Somehow, she got her damn drawers down around her ankles, and had hoisted her gigantic bare ass up onto the package tray of the cruiser. She did this while cuffed in the back, mind you.
    This tune was about 5-4 210, and that ass took up most of the shelf.
    I felt bad for the folks that had too see that.
    We pulled over, and, ahh, re-secured her.
    Every time i see Rosie, I think of that nutcase. i even remember her name, and it has been at least 18 years..

CARLSON-JET
    OT "she's got pix of some exec doing her in a barnyard "
    LMAO..
    Here's Rosie O'.. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!
    Here's Me "Buh Bye"

SmokinLowriderSS
    Since she now no longer works for the parent corporation Walt Disney:
    Bye ho,
    Bye ho
    Out of the studio you go,
    "whistling section"
    Bye ho,
    Bye ho.
    I think Flyingbowtie has it right. Disney finally tired of the repeat black eye they were getting from her and a corporate business decision was made. While there is freedom of speech for everyone generally, when you are getting someone to pay you to say things, there becomes standards limitations, and no decently inteligent person can expect to be able to blather on innaccurate, slanderous, garbage with impunity.