Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wear Ring?

IMPATIENT 1
    I'm In Need Of Some Advise. When Your Pump Has A Shouldered Wear Ring, Is The Impellor Cut For The Shoulder? Could That Same Impellor Be Run With A Ultimate Wear Ring? I Want As Much Punch On The Bottom As I Can Get,and You Guys Here Seem To Swear By Those Ultimate W/rings, So I Thought I'd Try One. I Know This Has Been Covered In Another Thread,but The Shouldered W/ring Part Threws Me Off Alittle.

sanger rat
    The Ultimate Wear Ring has a shoulder too. You'll need to measure your impeller so Daune can match it up.

flat broke
    I'm not sure about the clearancing regimen with the ultimate wear ring but when going from a non shouldered to shouldered wear ring, you will typically have to shim between the face of the impeller and the shaft. This is done to set the desired clearance for the front of the impeller. As stated in another post, you will need to know the OD of the wear ring surface of your impeller, so you get a properly machined wear ring giving you your desired side clearances.
    As far as everyone on here swearing by the Ultimate wear ring, that statement is largely inaccurate. I've never tried one so I can't comment on it's efficiency, but you'll find that most folks run bronze and stainless wear rings in thier rigs. Not saying one is better than the other, just that there are different ways to skin a cat, and what works on one cat, may not work on another.
    Chris

Squirtin Thunder
    The Ultimate Wear Ring has a shoulder too. You'll need to measure your impeller so Daune can match it up.
    Best thing to do is send Duane your impeller so he can make the two pieces work as one. Mix matching parts will not give you what you are looking for. Also if you are going to use an Ultimate wear ring Duane recomends changing the thrust bearing to obtain proper clearance in the end. I would give him a call.

Duane HTP
    Impatient 1, I just sent an answer to your PM. Duane HTP

Rondane
    As far as everyone on here swearing by the Ultimate wear ring, that statement is largely inaccurate. I've never tried one so I can't comment on it's efficiency, but you'll find that most folks run bronze and stainless wear rings in thier rigs. Not saying one is better than the other, just that there are different ways to skin a cat, and what works on one cat, may not work on another.
    Chris
    I still cant get an honest answer on how these guys think it's better either. To much politics on this forum man....your telling like it is i think flat broke. One is brown nosing, the other is PM'in his stuff......where's all the honesty on here without the kickback part. Makes everyone believe that everyone is using it. I notice the same shit at the local jet guru too with his products. Is the price too good to be true or something? How much are they? Just might be the determining factor must be.

Squirtin Thunder
    Just about all the wear rings are about the same price within $15 - $20 I believe. Once I try the item then I will give my veiw.

TexasJet
    I still cant get an honest answer on how these guys think it's better either. To much politics on this forum man....your telling like it is i think flat broke. One is brown nosing, the other is PM'in his stuff......where's all the honesty on here without the kickback part. Makes everyone believe that everyone is using it. I notice the same shit at the local jet guru too with his products. Is the price too good to be true or something? How much are they? Just might be the determining factor must be.
    Chet, is that you boy????? :idea:

Duane HTP
    Most of the shouldered wear rings have pretty much the same thickness lip unless it is the old Dominator type. of course shims may be needed to set the proper clearance. With the Ultimate Wear Ring, ( just as like with any other shouldered wear ring), some impellers will have to be cut back on the center surface that contacts the shoulder on the shaft to get the clearance right. The Ultimate Wear Ring sells for $124.00. It is a one piece deal and you don't have to mess with a liner, very easy to install. You can beat it in with a hammer and not hurt it. When people PM me a question, I PM them an answer. It saves a lot of drama here on the board. (usually Chet) HA!
    I still cant get an honest answer on how these guys think it's better either.
    Rondane, give me a call, 316-794-8616. I'll explain to you how and why it works as best I can, (too much to type). Thanks.

IMPATIENT 1
    Most of the shouldered wear rings have pretty much the same thickness lip unless it is the old Dominator type. of course shims may be needed to set the proper clearance. With the Ultimate Wear Ring, ( just as like with any other shouldered wear ring), some impellers will have to be cut back on the center surface that contacts the shoulder on the shaft to get the clearance right. The Ultimate Wear Ring sells for $124.00. It is a one piece deal and you don't have to mess with a liner, very easy to install. You can beat it in with a hammer and not hurt it. When people PM me a question, I PM them an answer. It saves a lot of drama here on the board. (usually Chet) HA!
    Rondane, give me a call, 316-794-8616. I'll explain to you how and why it works as best I can, (too much to type). Thanks.
    thanks duane, i'll send the impellor and old ring to ya next week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast