Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wear Ring?

Squirtin Thunder
    All I can say is Ken you better be right about this thing !!!

Duane HTP
    I just caught this remark on post # 10
    The ring is pretty sloppy loose to the sides of the impeller if it is out of the drive. I do not know just how normal
    This is normal. The Ultimate Wear Ring will give the appearance of being too big when just set on the impeller out of the boat. It is designed to compress to the proper pre-measured size when it is forced into the pump housing. Then the clearences will be right for the application it was intended for. Each and every ring is installed in a test ring the size of a pump housing and measured before it is shipped.

Jeanyus
    For those of you who don't know Duane, and his typing Aversion, let me clarify it just a bit. Can you imagine typing with fingers the size of most people's theighs? LOL His fingertips cover 3 keys at once. Fortunatly, he's a great guy with a good sense of humor....he he....right Duane? Duane?
    I have a similar problem. It shot down my career as a proctologist.
    As far as thr ultimate wear ring goes, I use one, it was easy to install, per instructions, I have a great hole shot. If I ingest sand or gravel into my pump,(IMO) it will chew up the wear ring before damaging the expensive impeller.
    I have a question on the ultimate wear ring. I have changed impellers, now when I crank over the engine, I can hear the impeller rubbing on the wear ring. What should I do now ?

Taylorman
    I have a similar problem. It shot down my career as a proctologist.
    As far as thr ultimate wear ring goes, I use one, it was easy to install, per instructions, I have a great hole shot. If I ingest sand or gravel into my pump,(IMO) it will chew up the wear ring before damaging the expensive impeller.
    I have a question on the ultimate wear ring. I have changed impellers, now when I crank over the engine, I can hear the impeller rubbing on the wear ring. What should I do now ?
    Call Duane

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123