Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going rate for service?

laveydayz
    Got a quote from Les' Marine in Boulder City for $600. This was for changing the oil/filter, water pump/impeller, top off all fluids (496HO) and going over the trailer. Also, includes picking up and returning boat to garage. He says the rear seat has to come out as well. Boat only has 40 hours so its the first actual service other than oil change. Seems high?

Kilrtoy
    DEAD ON...sounds about right to me

Havasu_Dreamin
    Agreed, sounds about right.....

Jyruiz
    Yup, sounds right. There are places in Havi that charge more than that.

laveydayz
    DEAD ON...sounds about right to me Thats reassuring. Maybe im just being a tight ass!! Was not sure what all is involved doing the Water pump/impellar? Seems to be labor intensive time wise?

OutCole'd
    I would think for $600 it would also include pulling the drive and checking alignment.

laveydayz
    Yup, sounds right. There are places in Havi that charge more than that.
    Havasu definetely has more options in the way of shops. In Boulder City Les' is one of the few recomended names. Dunsmore is top notch but only caters to high end high HP. All Seasons hardly gave me the time of day when I stopped by their shop. The to cool attitude.

Daytona100
    Buy a service book and learn how to do it yourself. It,s really not that hard mostly common sence.:jawdrop:

Jyruiz
    I would think for $600 it would also include pulling the drive and checking alignment.
    You know, you are right, I payed $466.00 for replacing the water impeller, resurface the housing and doing a full outdrive service. I did my own oil change, otherwise it would have been a little over $600.00.

OutCole'd
    Havasu definetely has more options in the way of shops. In Boulder City Les' is one of the few recomended names. Dunsmore is top notch but only caters to high end high HP. All Seasons hardly gave me the time of day when I stopped by their shop. The to cool attitude.
    Dunsmore serviced my old Cole with a stock 454. Took great care of me back then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast