Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1970 eliminator v-drive

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    I just got a 1970 eliminator flatbottom v-drive with a cassle and a mopar 440,I would like all the info and pics you guys have on these boats.Are these boats good do they have any known problems. I have not seen any other eliminator flatbottom v-drives. The mopar 440 is a way cool set up i think any info or pics will be deeply appriciated and when is that v-drive regata at parker.
    Also looking for a M1 tunnel ram for the 440,Thanks

Kindsvater Flat
    I run a 440 in my flat. The best place to go would be:
    Earnhardt Dodge
    so far they have been the cheapest. Also goto

Kindsvater Flat
    I run a 440 in my flat. The best place to go would be:
    Earnhardt Dodge
    so far they have been the cheapest. Also goto Moparts

79EliminatorDC
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/79_Eliminator_DC.JPG[/img]

79EliminatorDC
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/79_Eliminator_DC.JPG[/img]
    Here's my 79

Nice boat

wsuwrhr
    Where in the heck do you guys find Dodge powered boats? I have never seen one. I had to build mine.
    Brian

GofastRacer
    wsuwrhr:
    Where in the heck do you guys find Dodge powered boats? I have never seen one. I had to build mine.
    Brian Well, correct me if I'm wrong but, I do believe this is powered by MOPAR!!.. eek!

wsuwrhr
    Kindsvator,
    I know, but BESIDES your boat, where are all the others?
    I have a Dodge in mine, and I am making parts for
    Picklefork1tobe's boat, but I have never seen any others.
    Brian

MoJetBoPar
    Well boys,
    Technically speaking ALL the engine stuff was and is a "Chrysler" product. The engines were the same for all 3 divisions, generally speaking, and "MOPAR" was the MOtor PARts division. It later became a nickname.
    I have both a jet & V-drive Mopar powered hot boat. The v-drive is a 18' Rayson Craft (J-hull) w/440 RB wedge, velvet-drive and old style casale. Find 1 with a velvet-drive too, good luck. I searched for the v-drive for 2 years. Ran across a nice 1970 17' Stevens w/440 for $5500 but it was only a 2 seater, need 4 for family.
    Yep, they're hard to find but definitely out there. Nicson, Edelbrock and Hardin all made marine hardware for them (Hardin being the least common). Glenwood still supplies the stuff.
    Since the famous late Hemi (426 RB) uses the same front cover and bellhousing many old racers get converted to a big block wedge (361, 383, 400, 413, 426w, 440) since the Hemi is rare and cost prohibitive to most pleasure boaters.
    Fastest? NO. Cheapest? NO. COOLEST?? YES!! (to me, and that's all that matters right?) I like being the only guy out on the lake with a cool vintage 60's Mopar powered dragboat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast