Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Braided Hose?

paradigm shift
    Nothing like the look of braided stainless! Hose price is not bad but the fittings will kill your budget. There are some very nice looking push on hose and fittings out now but like i said I do like the stainless.

DetroitJim
    A big problem that gets overlooked is to blow out and wash out the hose after cutting off the ends. I failed to do this and got pieces of wire up in my fuel pump flapper valves. It caused a fuel pressure drop that cost me several races before I figured it out. I couldn't exactly turn around and look at my fuel pressure gage at 100mph!! Wash those hoses good.
    DJ

flat broke
    DetroitJim:
    A big problem that gets overlooked is to blow out and wash out the hose after cutting off the ends. I failed to do this and got pieces of wire up in my fuel pump flapper valves. It caused a fuel pressure drop that cost me several races before I figured it out. I couldn't exactly turn around and look at my fuel pressure gage at 100mph!! Wash those hoses good.
    DJThats a damn good point DJ. Even more critical if you're doing braided for a remote oil filter/cooler setup.
    Chris

HavasuDreamin'
    Question.........
    If I am going to do my fuel lines this year, what size fittings do I need for a Holly Blue Fuel Pump and Regulator?
    Who makes the best fittings?
    I assume you buy the hose already braided......who sells this.....Summit....Jegs?
    Thanks.

miller19j
    Wow guys thanks for all the information! Now I have the dilemma of figuring out witch method I want to use. I have a Band Saw, Cutoff Saw, Cutoff Wheel, EctÂ….. I think that I will buy extra hose and practice/try all the methods before I start.
    I will make sure I clean out the lines before installing them good point!
    Thanks again for all the info

missilemud
    earl's number 8 is fine 10 is insurance

XClutchboy725
    Here's a tip to keep your fitting nice and pretty...
    Most of us can't afford the $100 AN Wrench Set that keeps you from buggering up your fittings. However, if you use a nice crescent wrench lined with electrical tape, you can keep from ruining the anodizing. You just have to remember to take your time and change the tape often!
    I always find myself getting in a hurry and screwing things up!

burbanite
    HavasuDreamin':
    Question.........
    If I am going to do my fuel lines this year, what size fittings do I need for a Holly Blue Fuel Pump and Regulator?
    I assume you buy the hose already braided......who sells this.....Summit....Jegs?
    Thanks.HD,
    Most likely you will need -6 or-8.
    I have a new supplier for this stuff, we used Goodridge and NARP on gasoline Alley but had problems with supply and service.
    C&R on Guion Rd carry Icore product, we now use it exclusively.
    We have done comparisons with this stuff vs what we had and it outperforms in a number of areas such as flow, weight, strength etc. One of the things I really like is the "swept" fittings, instead of bending a tube and weldeing/brazing it into the fitting the whole thing is made from billet and then bent. It is used in F1, Winston Cup, Outlaws, NHRA, WRC and is a Cosworth OEM piece.
    Talk to me before you buy, I'll give you any help you need - purchase and manufacture.

HavasuDreamin'
    burbanite:
    HavasuDreamin':
    Question.........
    Thanks.HD,
    Most likely you will need -6 or-8.
    I have a new supplier for this stuff, we used Goodridge and NARP on gasoline Alley but had problems with supply and service.
    C&R on Guion Rd carry Icore product, we now use it exclusively.
    We have done comparisons with this stuff vs what we had and it outperforms in a number of areas such as flow, weight, strength etc. One of the things I really like is the "swept" fittings, instead of bending a tube and weldeing/brazing it into the fitting the whole thing is made from billet and then bent. It is used in F1, Winston Cup, Outlaws, NHRA, WRC and is a Cosworth OEM piece.
    Talk to me before you buy, I'll give you any help you need - purchase and manufacture.Very Cool, it will be a winter project, most likely after christmas. I will call you before I buy. L8

Fired Up
    Try racerpartswholesale.com for your fittings and hose. They are very helpful and give you a discount on orders over $100.00 and had the best prices I found. And for most projects you will reach that very quickly. Just like others have already explained here be sure and double check your measurement and diagram your project on paper for the parts you will need. Nothing like starting your project and coming up one piece short. Good luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast