Thread: Unbelievable, amazing irony

boatsnblondes
    So I am sitting here, watching "Driving Force" and the episode is "The Next Generation", right? And this was filmed last season, so I think it is the 2006 season, after John caught fire for the umpteenth time in his life. All of a sudden, I guess he has a "come to Jesus" moment, and decides to lecture Ashley about this is life and death stuff. So, he takes her downstairs into the shop, throws his fried fire suit on the hood of one of the cars, lectures her about life and death and this is real. As she bows her head and listens to the old man intently, in the background, is Eric's car. Here he is talking about this stuff, and maybe less than a year later, Eric is gone.
    As an aside, Eric was from Oakdale Ca., which is about a 15 minute drive from the house here, great little town, great people, the "Cowboy Capitol of the World" as they say. I was just over there today, doing a little food shopping and running errands. Erics uncle, Steve Medlin, owns a great restaurant in town there, I buy all of our meat for Holidays and parties from the guy. I told him about the string after string after string of thoughts and prayers from you guys today, as I had to take a moment and say hello and see how he is doing. I like to stop in when I get a chance and shoot the shit for a few minutes. Funny, I never knew he was Erics uncle till I went in to get the Easter ham and asked for him, he was out of town at the funeral.
    Anyways, RIP Eric, your gone, but in a sense, your still here.

ColeTR2
    Eric went out pulling the trigger on five thousand + horse power. Not many people can say they have done that. And everyone that has know the risk.
    John Force Eulogy to Eric Medlen
    "One time Eric had girl troubles, and he came to me. I walked him out in the shop and said, 'Look at that car, Eric. That car will always love you. It'll fix you when you need fixing. I said it will always protect you, and I was wrong. For that, I'm sorry, Eric."

adjones419
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw "Eric Medlen" on the car right behind Ashley as John was talking to her about life and death and the dangerous aspect of the sport. God speed, Eric.

Sleek-Jet
    Did ya watch the episode right after, the one at Pomona???
    John had Robert and Eric out giving pointers to Ashley before they left the shop...
    It's erie knowing that those scenes were fillmed just a few months ago... and now he's gone.

Havasu1986
    Saw Ashley and Laurie Force at the gym last nite. They look way different in person.

adjones419
    Saw Ashley and Laurie Force at the gym last nite. They look way different in person.
    Different = Better??