Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now what?

Sportin' Wood
    Well, after months of consideration and weeks of negotiations I am cleaning out my office this morning. I will be selling my shares of the company I founded with my partner 9 years ago over the coming months, and for lack of a better word retiring. Nine years of 12-14 hours a day and the time I have lost away from my family have finally taken its toll. Couple that with a changing economy and smaller Profit margins with increased liability from wrap insurance policies the cost benefit just was not there for me. With that my partner was excited to obtain the majority stock in the company and allow me to pursue other ventures. ItÂ’s a little sad to leave some thing you built from the ground up and to say goodbye to all the employees that help build this company but I am excited as hell to get away from this place and focus on the next chapter of my life.
    So what would you do with the rest of your life? In the morning IÂ’m gonna get up and ride my motorcycle to Laughlin and party like thereÂ’s no tomorrow! Maybe IÂ’ll take a few lessons from DILLIGAF about chosing breakfast, boating, Harley rides and Drunk posting.
    BTW IÂ’m far too young to really retire so I will have to go back to income producing status at some point! I wonder if I can swing some unemployment?:idea:

Jordy
    Quitter. :notam:
    Congrats though!!!

adjones419
    Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.
    Have fun and enjoy the time off!

All-Star
    I do not think you would qualify for unemployment being that you were an owner.
    But good luck in the next chapter of your life... I hope that is is exciting for you.

BarryMac
    Play Golf, Drink Beer and enjoy being unemployed for a little while...
    Congrats brother, hope that the next chapter of your life is exciting and filled with fun...

ChumpChange
    I do not think you would qualify for unemployment being that you were an owner.
    Yeah. Have him hire you as an hourly for a few months and then file for it.

2Driver
    I'm 47 and retired 3 years ago. Quite honestly I have a list of more things to experience and see ( besides HB of course ) then I can get done in a life time. Yesterday I was dirt bike riding with my son, not bad for a Wednesday. I have more friends, more money, and a hell of a better attitude then I did 3 years ago.
    Now go start on the trophy truck for your kid

HighRoller
    All you have to do is ask yourself what you would do for a living if you didn't need a paycheck. (i.e. dream job) Obviously you're smart enough to do a startup so whatever that is I'm sure you could find a way to make it profitable. It's a proven fact that those who do what they love for a living are more prosperous, profitable and happy than those who choose their careers based on the number of dollar signs attached to it.
    Based on that, feel happy you walked away. Being miserable in the long term just to make a lot of money is like selling your soul because it all goes away when you die anyways. I'd rather be a little less wealthy and happy rather than being one of those miserable old filthy rich fukks we all know or are related to.

Sportin' Wood
    Quitter. :notam:
    Congrats though!!!
    Fawk your quick!

Sportin' Wood
    I'm a bit of a spaz, I bet I don't last a week without getting into something. Last week I learned how to paint my motorcycle next week I'm gonna tackle the house and all those honey do's I have been putting off for 10 years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast