Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help: can't get past 4500rpm

DMOORE
    I just got the call from AZ Speed & Marine and they are telling me the timing was off and it needed new/different plugs & wires. They say it is running perfect now. I hope to lake test it this afternoon.
    Good news. You have got it at a great shop, so I'm sure you will be rippin' right along when you hit the water.
    Darrell.

WETTE VETTE
    I just got the call from AZ Speed & Marine and they are telling me the timing was off and it needed new/different plugs & wires. They say it is running perfect now. I hope to lake test it this afternoon.
    Good to see you didn't have to pull the motor!

lake p.a.l.
    Picked it up and lake tested it Friday. BEFORE ANYONE GETS THE WRONG IDEA, AZ SPD & MARINE DID NOT BUILD THIS MOTOR. There is a mechanic working for them now that built this motor and told me from day one it would run 5400rpm without ANY problem. I told him to please set the rev limiter at 5000 because I wanted the motor to last a long time. I have tried 6 or 7 different props and can't get it past 4500rpm except with a 21 three blade that really slowed the boat down. This mechanic did a full service on the motor and outdrive and didn't really change a thing when I drove it Friday. The motor sounds GREAT, I have absolutely no black soot on my transom, and it just cruises along at 4500rpm. Should I just leave well enough alone because it is running very well or push the "envelope" and make them figure out why it won't run past 4500? Please remember this is not a motor originally built by AZSM. Thanks for the help.

BDMar
    What are the camshaft specs?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123