Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOVE-shaving

HOSS
    How much can I shave these heads? What compression am I looking at? Flat stock pistons. Stock valve train. With roller dropins.

I wouldn't go much more than .060" even thats alot when you consider the manifold has to be cut to match the heads and the rocker geometry probs. will rear their ugly head.

HOSS
    Well I am not conserned with milling the intake. I am concerned with valve train geometry as well as distributor sealing. would I be better off taking it off the deck?
    I have done this to 2 small block Chevy`s. Both deck and heads, also to a Buick 231. Cheap horsepower! Also I will not run shims, THEY SUCK! Is there a composite marine gasket that compresses to about 25 to
    30?
    Gotta love those bench racing fags!

Cutting the D0VE heads for compresson isn't the best method due to the small 75cc chambers, you need to cut alot for small gains. Try zero decking the block and run flat top pistons, that should get ya about 11.5 to 1

77charger
    I wouldnt do it at all with a trw flat top w/1 relief valve you can get 11-1 comp.Another trick is to take a dremel and smooth out the combustion chamber this will allow you to run a higher comp with less detonation.A small chamber head combined with a flat top piston or even dished is the best combo for pump gas on higher comp ratio.
    Imo evryone says 9.5 -1 is the limit and alm can get away with more bla bla bla.Fact is the bbf w/ this combo can get away with 10.5-1 w/92!! have to remember a boat engine is ALWAYS running cooler than a car or truck is.
    Ps those that say i dont know this well i have been doing this for awhile now!!But keep timing on this w/ pump gas to 34-36 and crank it up on 100 oct.

spectras only
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by 77charger: Imo evryone says 9.5 -1 is the limit and alm can get away with more bla bla bla.Fact is the bbf w/ this combo can get away with 10.5-1 w/92!! have to remember a boat engine is ALWAYS running cooler than a car or truck is. I'm running 10.5 comp [hypereutectic flat top pistons] in a 460 BBF on reg + [marina gas]in the 19 spectra for over 5 years .
    [ September 25, 2002, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: spectras only ]

HOSS
    I do have one valve relief. I think TRW`s (don`t remember). So how much to shave, what gasket? Using automotive FELPRO that compresses to around 48-52. I will only run pump gas. VP is a joke. How many pumps do you pass that have it.
    [ September 26, 2002, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: HOSS ]

HOSS
    Does any one have specs?

HOSS
    Will have to go to locaql machine shop for answers. Thanks anyway.
    Gotta love those bench racing fags!

spectras only
    Hoss , just read your post. I used a 41 blue felpro that compressed to 39 .Your estimate for a 52 to 48 maybe a bit off. 1-2 thou is probably closer.Just my 0.02 wink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast