Thread: Mopar & jet questions

AngryJosh
    Thanks for lookin
    This boat has basically a stock 440 that doesnt want to turn over when its hot, so I was thinking about installing one of those mini hi-torq starters and two blue tops to solve this problem. Sugestions??
    Also, I want a little bumpity bump to the cam, and was thinking of one of those Mopar purple shafts --Hydraulic, 292 duration, .509 lift, centerline 108 Summit part # DCC-4120237
    Anyone have any suggestions on nice aluminum heads other than Edelbrocks?
    I disconnected the jet from the motor and can turn it freely by hand, although it makes a noise like it has a little sand in it. Sounds like about 2-5 grains of sand making a slight noise...is this ok, as it performs great!!
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...SC00177mod.JPG
    Thanks

wsuwrhr
    Sounds like your starter is getting tired, could be the wiring as well. Could be a couple of other things too. I have the mini starter in mine. Shouldn't need two batteries unless you want them.
    I would run the same cam as in the gearheads thread. Solid or hydraulic.
    Heads? How much are you looking to spend? I wouldn't buy Edelbrocks, if want to buy THE heads, get INDY 440-1 heads. I have a set here too. I have been wanting to get the 572-13's. They weren't available when I got mine.
    Put a garden hose in the jet intake and then try it.
    Brian
    Thanks for lookin
    This boat has basically a stock 440 that doesnt want to turn over when its hot, so I was thinking about installing one of those mini hi-torq starters and two blue tops to solve this problem. Sugestions??
    Also, I want a little bumpity bump to the cam, and was thinking of one of those Mopar purple shafts --Hydraulic, 292 duration, .509 lift, centerline 108 Summit part # DCC-4120237
    Anyone have any suggestions on nice aluminum heads other than Edelbrocks?
    I disconnected the jet from the motor and can turn it freely by hand, although it makes a noise like it has a little sand in it. Sounds like about 2-5 grains of sand making a slight noise...is this ok, as it performs great!!
    Thanks

BigBlockBaja
    Double check your timing. My motor wouldnt turn over when hot when the timing was off..
    Just my .02

wsuwrhr
    Don't be running that boat in shallow water!!!!!
    Indy cylinder heads 440-1 page (http://indyhe.fatcow.com/sitebuilder...es/Catalog.pdf)

wsuwrhr
    Indy cylinder heads main page (http://www.indyheads.com/)

wsuwrhr
    Double check your timing. My motor wouldnt turn over when hot when the timing was off..
    Just my .02
    Yea that too.
    Could be many things.
    Start narrowing it down.
    Brian