Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 21 Eliminator v-drive

Speedin' Ian
    Anyone know how these boats perform. There is one for sale less motor that I'm interested in but I had heard they don't perform that well. I have a brand new 540, but I'm not sure how these boats performed with a lot of HP's. Can this hull handle a lot of power?

Smitty19
    fast sanger has one, runs real hard, they are heavy though how fast ya lookin to go?

dmontzsta
    I dont think many people have messed with them. I have always wondered what they are capable of and how they compare to the other big named cruisers.
    My Dad has one that GPS'd 57mph with 325-375hp.

DEL51
    Unchained is working on a high HP setup. I have seen a 21 tunnel reach 117mph in a jet setup. This was a gentry twin turbo in a 21 jet. I have confidence that unchained's twin turbo efi setup will pull 135 mph or more as he has an aluminum arias engine and dart type heads. This engine is awesome and spinned a AA impeller to 7 thousand rpm and accelerated a TPR tunnel to 120 mph in 800 ft.This is a twin turbo home made setup. Ingenuity abounds with this guy and I am sure he can give some insight to what is needed to make your boat perform. Check out his posts. He is willing to trade info. Good Luck on your project,DEL51

Unchained
    If it's a Daytona you better grab it. They're rare.
    People were standing in line to get the one I bought last year.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...rboDaytona.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../daytonalr.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/DSC01220.JPG
    I hope to be able to run this one at the end of May shortly after I get back from Red Bluff.
    Thanks Chris.

MAXIMUS
    That boat is looking very nice amigo... I love the color! Please keep us informed on the progress...

Speedin' Ian
    The boat I am looking at is a 21' V and I would like to be capable of 80+

Rattle Can Lou
    Ian, I had one that was a regular type rigging job. Electric plate, C-500 box. Stock type 454 pobably like Dmon's old mans boat. It was weird at top end. Sometimes it would act normal then it would suck the bow in and try to turn to the right fairly hard. I talked to Phil Bergeron about it and he said that If I wanted to put HP in the boat I was going to have to move strut and engine and probably lose the interior....More work than I was willing to put into it just to try and gamble that it might work allright. I was running wide open one night at our local lake and a fricken Personal watercraft passed me. I sold it a week later to a friend in Claremont CA. He still has it...Oh I forgot, the other thing it would do is trun well to the left (I think) and it would take 40 acres to turn it to the right. Or vice versa. It had the single cable type steering. And another thing. With the C-500 box it had terrible vibration upon acceleration. I tied the box down with strut rods from the top of the box to the motor trying to keep the box from flexing and it helped a little. Did not solve it though. The one thing I didnt do that I know would have helped was spend 800.00 on a prop. I felt like it needed other stuff and I just elected to off it.

bocco
    I have the same boat as well. Mine is an 81 that was rigged by Conelly. What Rattle Can says is mostly true. It will suck down the bow and mine pulls to the left a bit when I'm running wide open on smooth water. And unfortunately wide open is only 60 mph. I have wondered what would happen if I bumped the gears from 15% to 23 or more and went with a much lower pitch prop. I think this boat is about the only V-drive cruiser that has a rounded keel. My guess is it works better as a jet or an I/O.
    On the other hand. The boat is rock solid with 4 stringers. It takes rough water very well. Actually likes to run in choppy water. Mine seems to turn fine.
    Also 78eliminator here on the boards has one that he did a full resto and converted to open bow. He claims to run 70 with big ford power and none of the handling ussues. Maybe I just need another 100 hp.
    Do a search also there have been a few threads on this subject.
    Gary

Sleek-Jet
    My guess is it works better as a jet or an I/O.
    On the other hand. The boat is rock solid with 4 stringers. It takes rough water very well. Actually likes to run in choppy water. Mine seems to turn fine.
    For the record, I've got a Jet in mine and turn just about the same performance a Dmonzsta dad's boat.
    They do ride nice in the chop, in fact mine is slightly faster is rougher water, much like a large boat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast