Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ride plate and shoe question

460 jus getn it
    I drilled the bowl for the cradle last nite but i have an issue. The cradle is dead center on the bowl, but when you lift the plate up its off set to one side. If you look at these pics you can see on the left where the plate is about 1 inch off set from the bottom of the cradle. Why is it off set? everything else is straight, intake, motor, pump. Could the shoe be drilled wrong.
    Now, if the ride plate is straight, is it ok to raise the plate and have it off set like that. Where its bolted to the cradle doesnt matter if the plate is straight with the shoe, right?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...41_Medium_.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...42_Medium_.jpg

OnlyMoney
    Ohhhhh, you mean THOSE kinda shoes? I was all over this before I opened it.

460 jus getn it
    Ohhhhh, you mean THOSE kinda shoes? I was all over this before I opened it.
    Lord, you saw shoes and said O GOODIE HE WENT SHOPPING.
    Did you make a wrong turn or something.

OnlyMoney
    Lord, you saw shoes and said O GOODIE HE WENT SHOPPING.
    Did you make a wrong turn or something.
    Oh, this is in Just Jets? I hit New Posts and just thought I'd help keep it towards the top for ya.

460 jus getn it
    Oh, this is in Just Jets? I hit New Posts and just thought I'd help keep it towards the top for ya.

Jetaholic
    Why is it off set?
    It's because you're black.

76ANTHONY
    It's because you're black.
    fo 60's black? what the hell is he doing with a boat, i thought them guys hated water??

460 jus getn it
    It's because you're black. Is that why, well hell i better leave it alone and run it huh.

Ken F
    Boy 460, you come up with some of the damndest situations! LOL
    I'm thinking that something HAS to be out of square. Possibly the front of the rideplate where your mounting holes are drilled, or the back mating surface of your shoe. I'd pull the plate, and check for square, and then check your shoe for square first off. If all is well there, I think I'd trim a little off of the front of the plate, so that it meets the cradle evenly. You don't want the cradle hanging off over the side of your plate like that-how are you going to mount the plate to the cradle???
    Second, you are going to need some angle along the edge of your rideplate also, but you probably already knew that one.
    Hopefully someone will chime in with some other thoughts....You know, you could call Duane and see what he says! Ha-Ha! Had to throw that in there just for Miss Jane.
    Ken F

460 jus getn it
    fo 60's black? what the hell is he doing with a boat, i thought them guys hated water??
    It's the mexican part that like the water

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast