Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: San Felipe advice please

Havasu Luvr
    Rick, most access to the playa are set up with campos. If by chance you do get on the playa you will most likely meet up with someone claiming fees. I would suggest up the beach from Rockadile to Campo Ruben's or the Playa Bonita. Nice little campos with facilities. If you get a spot in Campo Ruben's say "Ola" to Ruben for me. Also he has a cantina/resteraunt right in the camp/beach. Have a cold one and say Ola to Marco for me too. Fun place and great locals. The "Back Ally" bars are the best...cold cheap beers. F*** the Rockadile & Marimar Bars...to Americanized. Have fun and remember one thing..."What happens in San Felipe stays in San Felipe
    PS. dont let the 2 Federally (sp?) check points intimidate you. Just a bunch of kids with fully automatic weapons who do NOT speak any english

Sportin' Wood
    Rick, most access to the playa are set up with campos. If by chance you do get on the playa you will most likely meet up with someone claiming fees. I would suggest up the beach from Rockadile to Campo Ruben's or the Playa Bonita. Nice little campos with facilities. If you get a spot in Campo Ruben's say "Ola" to Ruben for me. Also he has a cantina/resteraunt right in the camp/beach. Have a cold one and say Ola to Marco for me too. Fun place and great locals. The "Back Ally" bars are the best...cold cheap beers. F*** the Rockadile & Marimar Bars...to Americanized. Have fun and remember one thing..."What happens in San Felipe stays in San Felipe
    PS. dont let the 2 Federally (sp?) check points intimidate you. Just a bunch of kids with fully automatic weapons who do NOT speak any english
    The kids at the check points like Monster Energy drink. Bring a few to hand out if you are headed down late. I'm going down in March for the 250 if I get my passport in order.

Havasu Luvr
    The kids at the check points like Monster Energy drink. Bring a few to hand out if you are headed down late. I'm going down in March for the 250 if I get my passport in order.
    Years ago the kids loved MRE's. I would bring 2 cases with me (one for each check point). There was an American (Jack) who lived in Campo Ruben's and had a few 23'er and a local (Alex) to Captian the boat. We would head out early sat morning to either the Rock or the Ship Wreck and hook up on the Corvina (sp?) and if the fishing sucked Alex would find the shrimp boats and we would buy 3-4 kilo's @ around $8 USD each. It was usually 12-18ct. What a town....Ahhhh the memories

nodigg
    Thanks bud!

Sportin' Wood
    Don't go Rick. Seems there is a serial gay rapist down there....lol
    Gotta watch out for Chupa Cabre, marauding angry locals with machette's, Bandito's,bad water, Corrupt govt,sun burn, hangovers,and loose women as well. I would not go if I was you, all kinds of bad stuff down there.
    F-San Felipe

Racer277
    Alex would find the shrimp boats and we would buy 3-4 kilo's @ around $8 USD each. It was usually 12-18ct. What a town....Ahhhh the memories
    That's what I remember.
    A 5 gallon bucket of fresh shrimp was $10, and the shrimp were 8-12" long!
    We brought down cases of Budwieser, and happily traded straight across for mexican beers when we got down there (the locals really thought they made over on us!)

nodigg
    Gotta watch out for Chupa Cabre, marauding angry locals with machette's, Bandito's,bad water, Corrupt govt,sun burn, hangovers,and loose women as well. I would not go if I was you, all kinds of bad stuff down there.
    F-San Felipe

Sounds like my kind of place.......

nodigg
    Don't go Rick. Seems there is a serial gay rapist down there....lol
    You sure you don't wanna break with you long standing tradition and go across the border????
    Where's Sin Cal, I 'll bet he would tag along!

viabaja
    All,
    I live down there part time south of SF. Info to enlighten:
    1. Cheap beer is a thing of the past!
    2. Cheap shrimp is a thing of the past
    3. If you camp in SF you will have people 2-3 ft off your door step camping
    4. Passports are not needed (2008 yes). If you stay less than 72 hrs, an FMT (tourist card) is not required
    5. Leave guns, ammo, pakalolo, very large knives, at home unless you want to visit (for many years) a Mexican prison
    6. Leave the fireworks there. US immigration can impound your car if they so choose
    7. You are allowed 5 US gallons of fuel to bring across. Any more risks a fine or being turned around,
    8. Diesel cost is $1.90 a gallon. Gas is same as here.
    9. Be curtious, you are a visitor in their country. Speak Spanish - even limited
    10. Seadoos & boats - water very salty. Bring Salt Away and lots of spray silicone to hold you over until you get home. The harbor has a launch ramp. Any other launch is off the beach, 4X4, & your vehicle will get salt water on it. AIR DOWN to at least 15 psi. WATCH the tides. I launch a 14' jet boat with a CJ5 Jeep.
    HAVE FUN

Sin Cal
    You sure you don't wanna break with you long standing tradition and go across the border????
    Where's Sin Cal, I 'll bet he would tag along!
    Hey Rick we would for sure be there if invited :cry: . Last time down there for me was during my college days. The over the line turny was held there during spring break. Remember the fish tacos and tequila :rollside:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast