Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: San Felipe advice please

nodigg
    Hey Rick we would for sure be there if invited :cry: . Last time down there for me was during my college days. The over the line turny was held there during spring break. Remember the fish tacos and tequila :rollside:
    HELL YEAH! Have your people call my people! Let's GO!

nodigg
    All,
    I live down there part time south of SF. Info to enlighten:
    1. Cheap beer is a thing of the past!
    2. Cheap shrimp is a thing of the past
    3. If you camp in SF you will have people 2-3 ft off your door step camping
    4. Passports are not needed (2008 yes). If you stay less than 72 hrs, an FMT (tourist card) is not required
    5. Leave guns, ammo, pakalolo, very large knives, at home unless you want to visit (for many years) a Mexican prison
    6. Leave the fireworks there. US immigration can impound your car if they so choose
    7. You are allowed 5 US gallons of fuel to bring across. Any more risks a fine or being turned around,
    8. Diesel cost is $1.90 a gallon. Gas is same as here.
    9. Be curtious, you are a visitor in their country. Speak Spanish - even limited
    10. Seadoos & boats - water very salty. Bring Salt Away and lots of spray silicone to hold you over until you get home. The harbor has a launch ramp. Any other launch is off the beach, 4X4, & your vehicle will get salt water on it. AIR DOWN to at least 15 psi. WATCH the tides. I launch a 14' jet boat with a CJ5 Jeep.
    HAVE FUN
    All good insight, where do we want to camp then? I speakedasapanglish!

mexrunner
    viabaja is on the money still a neat little town just getting more americanized if your hungry on the way down theres great place to eat about an hour above san felipe and the have the cleanest restrooms ive ever seen in baja its just past kilometer marker 54 on the m5 called campo El mayor. then in my opinion i would look into el golfo its on the otherside of of the sea of cortez and if your down there for a week and get bored with san felipe you got some were to go would probably take 3 hrs to go from san felipe to el golfo look it up on the web plenty of web pages on the place. Adam

nodigg
    Why aren't you signed up for the family picnic?
    I have trouble with long term commitments, why just last week I backe out on a Sturgis trip with the toybox and left a whole group of riders stranded with no place to sleep for two weeks!

nodigg
    viabaja is on the money still a neat little town just getting more americanized if your hungry on the way down theres great place to eat about an hour above san felipe and the have the cleanest restrooms ive ever seen in baja its just past kilometer marker 54 on the m5 called campo El mayor. then in my opinion i would look into el golfo its on the otherside of of the sea of cortez and if your down there for a week and get bored with san felipe you got some were to go would probably take 3 hrs to go from san felipe to el golfo look it up on the web plenty of web pages on the place. Adam
    Is that 3 hours by boat? I have heard the name before, is that where the Americans got kicked off their property? One of the reasons i want to go down there is to check out houses in the area.

nodigg
    LOL...That was a god response, comical and all but seriously....why are you not signed up?
    I dont' wanna be a no show, I got no place to stay locally, the gutter I used to sleep in got sold, I'm not sure my Lysholms will be ready in time, and , uh....I need to make sure I can commit is all..what is the date?

al cole'holic
    ...when the smelly brown kids come walkin out of the ocean with a net full of clams: don't pay $5 for the largest one, break it open in front of your friends and swallow the contents! :frown: :messedup: :supp:

mexrunner
    dont think anyone got kicked out of el golfo i thought that was all along the pacific dont know how long it would take by boat but if you find out let me know.

Sin Cal
    I dont' wanna be a no show, I got no place to stay locally, the gutter I used to sleep in got sold, I'm not sure my Lysholms will be ready in time, and , uh....I need to make sure I can commit is all..what is the date?
    Sorry but maybe next time. Just to short of a notcie for Lisa. Thanks for the invite. I was wondering why your not signed up for The Picnic also. You always have a place to stay in Bullhead no invite needed. :hammerhea

riverbrat
    Pete's camp is great. Went 3 years ago and camped in a tent on the beach. Drink lots of Margarita's!http://www.petescamp.com/principal.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast