Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LA Show thanks to all

Havasu Cig
    Dont they have an aftermarket item that bolts onto/replaces a bravo lower???
    It replaces the whole drive. I have not seen anything that just replaces the lower. If you just replaced the lower you would be to deep for a surface drive.
    I think Andy is probably right about Arneson, they are just up the coast.

Havasu Cig
    You would probably have to rope off the back of your boat if you were beached at Havasu otherwise some drunk f@#$ would fall on them...

Brian
    Seems that most twin cats these days that are set up for big numbers have the prop shafts several inches above the keel, so I don't see why Arnesons would be any worse than Bravos or Sixes. Actually should work better with the big setback and big props as compared to Bravos. Get the weight/balance right and the boat should work fine.

Bling Bling
    Don't let the hype scare you about Arneson drives. If ya build from scratch, I would consider them highly. Very efficent, turn well at high speeds, and the owner Rick is a great guy. Knows his shit, and will be there for ya from start to finish. I heard the biggest reason more manufactures don't use them, for some stupid reason they say resale is not as good. Go figure!!!! Remember the 30 Skater that Rick set up himself with Skater, 153 mph, 780hp asperated motors with Arnesons. I'm betting a c note, not a chance at that speed with bravos. And the word is no drive failures up to 800hp. Something To think about!!!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Don't let the hype scare you about Arneson drives. If ya build from scratch, I would consider them highly. Very efficent, turn well at high speeds, and the owner Rick is a great guy. Knows his shit, and will be there for ya from start to finish. I heard the biggest reason more manufactures don't use them, for some stupid reason they say resale is not as good. Go figure!!!! Remember the 30 Skater that Rick set up himself with Skater, 153 mph, 780hp asperated motors with Arnesons. I'm betting a c note, not a chance at that speed with bravos. And the word is no drive failures up to 800hp. Something To think about!!!
    Don't try to get technical so late!!!!!!!!!!!1

Riverkid
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...351_Large_.jpg
    This boat pulls skiers every year at the Catalina Race (hence the custom spray shields over the props, keeps the roost out of the skier's face). They were popping Bravos like crazy and went this way. Haven't had a problem since. I believe the boat is named "Blown Away"... Found some pics of this boat over on Arneson's site:
    http://www.arneson-industries.com/F382H.JPG

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234