Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fuel tanks

garret
    where can i find side saddle tanks for my boat?
    Looking for something like Imco tanks

Jim Brock
    What size boat do you have, i have a pair of used 25 gallon alum tanks $250.00 a pair, Jim

rich
    where can i find side saddle tanks for my boat?
    Looking for something like Imco tanks
    There is a pair on ebay under v-drive parts accessori...

Ken F
    You can order new imco's if you want. they will make them custom to fit your boat.
    Ken F

Boatcop
    What size boat do you have, i have a pair of used 25 gallon alum tanks $250.00 a pair, Jim
    What are they out of?
    I'm considering replacing the fiberglass tanks in my 20' Spectra.

kaqster
    I have two 12.5 gallon tanks out of my Eliminator 19' Daytona for sale. Great shape. $250.00. Kaq

atxwrangler
    are you getting rid of a daytona,or just going to a different tank?

NUTDRAW
    Anyone have suggestions on how to run my dual 14 gal. tanks? I have an 18' Holmes and i just put a new IMCO custom fab stainless tank on the port side to match the tank that the previous owner had put on the starboard side. (Nice tank but it was $360.00 for the custom job.) I am not sure how i should run them. I was thinking of connecting both tanks to a "T" connector so that i could pull fuel from both simultaneously. I figured this would keep the weight even on the back of the boat. If i did this i would half to remove the check valve on each tank then install a manual shut off valve on each ( just to be able to isolate each tank individually if needed). Then i would run the fuel lines from each tank toward each other and connect them with the "T". After the "T" I would put a check valve (for safety) on the line that runs to the pump. I would assume that under demand from the pump that both tanks will deliver fuel equally. If for any reason one tank delivered more than the other, when you turn off the engin it would engage the check valve before the "T" leaving the two tanks connected to eachother with no line interruption. So in theory i think they could then equalize through a siphon effect. The whole idea is for the two tanks to act as one. I am looking for any suggestions on how to do this or whether or not i am on the right track.
    Thanks.

Boatcop
    Get the standard Mercury Marine filter seperator & mount. There are threaded holes for multiple inlet/outlet set-up. Install shut off valves in the mount, on both inlets, and run a single fuel hose in one of the outlets to the fuel pump. The second outlet will need to be plugged, but the kit comes with the plugs.
    Leave the check valves where they are. They're meant to keep the fuel from siphoning in case of a fire or if the fuel line breaks or leaks.

atxwrangler
    yea what he said!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast