Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1350hp t-53 turbine

502procharger
    smaller turbines, hell no. i would think that there is much less involved with a jet drive. please let me know what you find out about the other t-53's. a jet is most likely the way i will go due to the $ factor as well as the other reasons you have stated. as far as noise, well i like it loud, fuel, well that sucks, but i figured as much. my little jfs-100 starter turbin burns a ton of fuel. thank you for your info. let me know what you find out about the t-53.
    brian

572Daytona
    I would think one of the issues that you will have with a jet is that the bottoms of 22' and up cats are not setup properly to feed a jet pump. Before I bought my 21' Daytona I spoke to the a couple of manufacturers about building a bigger jet and got the same answer. I'm sure with the help of a pro the bottom could be modified but by the time you do that you may have reduced any savings that the jet may have provided you in the first place
    Gas Turbine...I've always thought that boat was too cool, the ultimate weed wacker if you will Do you have any pictures of the boat in the water at speed, I would love to see that.

GasTurbine
    572Daytona:
    I would think one of the issues that you will have with a jet is that the bottoms of 22' and up cats are not setup properly to feed a jet pump. Before I bought my 21' Daytona I spoke to the a couple of manufacturers about building a bigger jet and got the same answer. I'm sure with the help of a pro the bottom could be modified but by the time you do that you may have reduced any savings that the jet may have provided you in the first place
    Gas Turbine...I've always thought that boat was too cool, the ultimate weed wacker if you will Do you have any pictures of the boat in the water at speed, I would love to see that.Agreed, larger hulls will not support a jet drive (due to cavitation issues), but I was referencing my hull. My Rogers was "designed" for a jet drive, thus would work out very well.
    I like screws better than jets...and I love my boat the way it is, I was just commenting on the "transmission" issue.
    And thanks for the kind words.
    Take care.

Licketty Split
    that NT site hase a jet that they put together but it looks to me like it needs more Imp. under it it should be a 120-130+ mph boat
    http://www.nyethermodynamics.com/squirt_2.htm#videos
    HP Chick Wow I'm in love a chick that talks Boat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12