Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Some California Delta info.

My family and I usually rent a place on the Colorado river or Oak Shores at Nacimiento or a place at San Antonio where we can leave the boat in the water for the week. This year we are contemplating the Delta.
    We've never been there. And it winds around just about everywhere. From what I've seen the water fluctuates with the tides +- 4 feet or so. (new stuff for us)
    So where would you folks recommend staying that we could move in, leave the boat in the water and be somewhat close to civilization?
    We found a waterfront home on Andrus Island, in Isleton, California.
    Is this a good place to hang, cruise, wakeboard etc...?
    Thanks in advance?

GoCiggie31
    don't know much about this specific house below, but Disco Bay is a very nice area of the delta
    http://www.vrbo.com/93091

Warlockjer
    We lived in Discovery Bay before moving to Havasu and it offers everything you are looking for. Most all homes have Hydro hoists so your boat isn't really in the water when you are not using it. The water is pretty funky. Much nicer area than Isleton ..IMHO

My family and I usually rent a place on the Colorado river or Oak Shores at Nacimiento or a place at San Antonio where we can leave the boat in the water for the week. This year we are contemplating the Delta.
    We've never been there. And it winds around just about everywhere. From what I've seen the water fluctuates with the tides +- 4 feet or so. (new stuff for us)
    So where would you folks recommend staying that we could move in, leave the boat in the water and be somewhat close to civilization?
    We found a waterfront home on Andrus Island, in Isleton, California.
    Is this a good place to hang, cruise, wakeboard etc...?
    Thanks in advance?
    If you are comming up this way just keep going to shasta lake. just north a few more hours.

deltarat
    If you are comming up this way just keep going to shasta lake. just north a few more hours.
    If Shasta is so nice why do you store your boats at the Delta?

If Shasta is so nice why do you store your boats at the Delta?
    Because I cant put them in my garage. YET

deltarat
    Soon grasshopper you to will have a garage like mine

acatitude
    Soon grasshopper you to will have a garage like mine
    does that mean when he has a garage like you his boat won't run or just have no gas??????
    Not to worry, I got mine started finally today,,, and it goes backwards really kool.... just wont go forward lol.. its a bitch gettin on plane that way......

deltarat
    That sucks Ken, any idea whats wrong? However my boat runs just fine with gas in the tank!! I do have a left hand prop you could borrow

acatitude
    thats it just change props lol... think my shifter is a little out of adjustment, or the cable is broke. it went forward yesterday ,lol hopefully just an easy fix..... if there is such a thing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast