Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Individual Health Insurance Plans...

HammerDown
    They sure do have ya by the short hairs don't they. :squiggle:
    I've been with Blue Cross Personal choice-PPO for several years now and quite draining $$$
    :idea: Now looking into Aetna Advantage Plans...Open Access HMO or their PPO

essexjet
    I've been with Blue Cross Personal choice-PPO for several years now and quite draining $$$
    I am in the same boat as you.
    If there are any insurance brokers on here pleae let us know.
    Thanks

HammerDown
    Not looking to turn this into a SPAM thread...just some feedback about maybe Aetna and their Open Access HMO vs their PPO.
    I've always herd bad info in the past about HMO's just don't know if this "open access" deal is any better.

ParkerRat
    I'm in the same boat, Id love to get some feedback from other members on this. I know there are a lot of self employed people on this site.

al cole'holic
    I had the same issue as you, was with Blue Cross (business) for many years PPO etc...but the constant raises were awful. Just made the switch a few months back to Blue Shield..went with all personal policies, and pay for em that way which turned out to be alot cheaper.

INSman
    I am a broker but I don't do any individual plans.
    Check into the National Association for the Self Employed, worked for them back in the 80's and I think they are still around today offering a few plans that you might consider.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I have a really good broker we use at my work and he does individual plans too. Let me know if you want his number.

al cole'holic
    ..what's crazy is there was a coverage lapse when switching, so I had to go to the Dr. for some flu/sinus thing and told the gals I would pay for the visit...I walked outta there with a bunch of samples and a bill for only 40 bucks!! Think about that, when you pay like a $20 copay for an office visit usually then get the statement from your ins that said the visit was like $200 or something that they billed....!! SCAM

Dave C
    I don't know if this will help anyone BUT if you self-employed consider setting up a flex spending plan.
    I pay both the premium and and any insurance deductibles on a pretax basis (its pretax of payroll taxes too ).
    So I got the PPO with a higher annual deductible and saved on the premium. Then claim the insurance deductibles on the flex spending and get them tax deductible.
    This only works if you have control of the plan or your employer offer this type of plan.
    At any rate health insurance is expensive.

Up 4 River
    I'm licensed and can answer the basic questions but I refer all individual and group plans to an associate of mine who specializes in health insurance. If you would like I would be more than happy to talk to any of you who have questions and can refer you after that. PM me and I can give you a call.
    U4R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast