Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was Anyone Else Stuck on the 40???

BAK2RVR
    We were driving home today and all of a sudden dead stop... We were inching our way down the 40. We were about 35 miles from the 95 and we decided to turn around and take Rice Road. Did anyone take the 40 and the 15 home? How long did it take?
    http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...R/IMG_0611.jpg
    http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...R/IMG_0613.jpg
    http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...R/IMG_0614.jpg

Kachina26
    Looks like you answered your question with your pics My kid left Havi at 1100am, I left at 1245pm. Around 145 he was stuck just past essex and I was at Goffs. I turned back and took Goffs to 29 palms to Hesperia, he made it home about an hour before me. All in all, my side trip added 20 miles and 45 minutes to my normal commute. I don't know how long I would have sat in traffic, but it was well worth it, as I don't do well sitting still!

JetBoatRich
    Sucks what was the traffic from

Havasu Hangin'
    I was in it- I'd say it cost me about an hour on my drive. Hell, there were times when I didn't move for 10 minutes.
    Of course, that one guy (and his shovel) are no farther along on those damn bridges than they were a year ago.
    :notam:

shueman
    It added about an hour to the drive as well, and I left Havi around 9am... It's a usual Sunday, for the most part (we normally travel on Monday). Lots and lots of bikes to help pass the time...

Havasu Luvr
    Looks like you answered your question with your pics My kid left Havi at 1100am, I left at 1245pm. Around 145 he was stuck just past essex and I was at Goffs. I turned back and took Goffs to 29 palms to Hesperia, he made it home about an hour before me. All in all, my side trip added 20 miles and 45 minutes to my normal commute. I don't know how long I would have sat in traffic, but it was well worth it, as I don't do well sitting still!
    Get off the "Crack Pipe" Randy. Everyone should know that the bridge construction transition to EB side bottle necks a few miles after Essex Rd and again just before Kelso Rd. Next time exit Mountain Springs (Old 66) and just keep going to Ludlow.

BAK2RVR
    With the poker run, truck event and the laughlin run I should of know better then to try the 40. Even worse listening to the radio they were saying the 15 was also backed up with a bunch of accidents. We just cut cut across the freeway and took the 95 back Havi and connected to Rice Road. Have not been on Rice Road in years but it was empty.

RiverToysJas
    Yeah, that was the worst I've seen it, and we didn't leave Needles until 4:30 Sunday. We cut over to Amboy Rd at Essex though, and ran back through Twenty-nine Palms. Even so, that little stretch from the Reststop to Essex Rd took like 30 minutes.
    RTJas

Konabrent
    It took me an hour and a half to go ten miles! Plus the CHP had a trap at the end to catch bikers driving on the shoulder.....just let them go, at least it helps some of the traffic!

C-2
    Yeah, that was the worst I've seen it, and we didn't leave Needles until 4:30 Sunday. We cut over to Amboy Rd at Essex though, and ran back through Twenty-nine Palms. Even so, that little stretch from the Reststop to Essex Rd took like 30 minutes.
    RTJas
    Our exact path too. My neighbor was 45 minutes in front of us and called to warn us...we tried to sit it out for about 20 minutes, then turned around and took the Amboy route. It was a nice change of scenery. My neighbor arrived home 45 minutes ahead of us...so it was about the same.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast