Thread: pontoon ?

Scapegoat1
    I am looking at a couple of pontoons. Both are 24 feet in length one has a 115 outboard standard setup a Grandou by Tahoe. The other has a yamaha v6 150 with an added quarter toon in the center and sheet metal added to the bottom. this one is a sun seaker
    What should I be looking for.
    thanks

SurfOnH20
    Have you looked at any of the Bennington or JC pontoons? They are very nice with a good range of engine options. There are a few people on this forum (including me) who own one of them. Now that I have one I cant believe I waited so long to get one. Believe me when it comes to being out on the lake all day you will be glad you have it. Good luck!

phebus
    After just going through the same thing, I realized it's no different then buying any other boat. Buy as much power and as much length as you can afford, and then spend more.

79centurion
    Spend less and get more beer Seriously get something that is reliable and fun. They arent made for speed, but made for drinking and having a bbq.
    Dan

shueman
    If you want performance handling, look at the Manitou...

fatboy95
    If you want performance handling, look at the Manitou...
    check out Playcraft with the 496 HO or twin Merc 250's

TAF
    I am looking at a couple of pontoons. Both are 24 feet in length one has a 115 outboard standard setup a Grandou by Tahoe. The other has a yamaha v6 150 with an added quarter toon in the center and sheet metal added to the bottom. this one is a sun seaker
    What should I be looking for.
    thanks
    Yamaha 150 as long as it runs good....."more power" and the extra 'toon will help too. I've had 2 diff. underpowered pontoons the first a 115 and currently a 75 Force on a 24 '. It came w/ a comping enclosure and dbl. biminis so I grabbed it. It's the slowest thing on the lake but you tend to see more beauty :sqeyes: (natural and manmade) at slower speeds. The lake patrol don't bother ya at all either.