Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Desert Storm Week!!!

Froggystyle
    I am still recovering! I don't think I have ever seen so many folks from the forums in one place, or met so many new people. What a great time though...
    For starters, we got the total hook-up at the Islander and got to park out at the end of the point. This made for some great wake-up sights and sounds. Nothing like hearing a seriously sick hotrod go by on early glass. Thanks to Rick and Islander for the awesome accomodations for the toter...
    Soon as we showed up we saw Todd969 and BigWarlock at the Turtle. Todd told me about the Rhino get-together at Indigo Joes so we went there pretty soon after arrival. Of course that was ***boater central, and we saw Deano (unleashed), Ted (LHCVictory), Jokers Wild, Summit Karl, and a bunch of others I can't remember right now... Then, it was off to the Turtle...
    Within minutes of rolling up in the Rhino, I saw Rob again with a couple of new folks, Havasu Hangin pulled up in the white ghost, and I went and got the Trident so we could all go for a ride. 40 Flatdeck introduced himself about that point, and we picked him, his girl Adine, Laura, and his boys in the Spectre up and went for a little booze cruise through the channel and around the island. I think there were a couple more folks on the boat that night, but I can't seem to put it all together in retrospect... In any case, we all made plans for the next day and a breakfast run up to Topok...
    As I mentioned, we got on the water first thing in the morning on Wednesday and headed up river. Pretty cool doing mid 80's with a bunch of gas and four folks on the boat. Erik and his crew were absolutely awesome, and are welcome on my boat anytime. I had a really great time that morning, and felt it was a great kickoff to an awesome week... The rest of the day was a blur of test rides and hanging at the Turtle.
    Thursday got a little frantic since I had some early test rides, and the street fair that evening. Rob lent me his truck to haul the boat around with, and I spent a good part of Thursday afternoon cleaning the boat and getting the logos installed. Ted, Chris, Todd and Karl all totally hooked me up with our placement at the show, and got to hang out next to Carey, Patrick, Steve and Toby for the fair next to the Boat Bling booth. Saw Big Doug, Rochelle, Bling Bling, Shotcallin, Self Made, Frankie, Larry from Raylar, and too many more people to remember at this point. In any case, thanks to all for your help and your time, and it was great to get to show the boat to all of you for the first time in many cases. Rob rolled up with Jordy with a very, very strong party crew a little later in the evening in the Rhino, and Corina, Tess, Andrea and (the mystery girl I can never remember her name) came up with him. Enter AZJD and Trish along with Travis, Mike Jones (totally cool dude BTW...) Barbi and the rest of the crew as well. The party was obviously just getting started.
    Jordy totally hooked me up by helping me re-launch the boat and get ready for the evening's festivities. Laura showed up and it was on! Back to the Turtle, and a relatively epic cruise with Addicted, Unleashed, NoTalent, the aforementioned crew along with Chris and a couple of other folks we picked up along the way including Corinna's brother and girl. Damn... that party rocked... up the channel, around the island and back to the turtle for after-hours. Here is some pics from other threads of that particular party...
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...identnight.jpg
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...d/wesncrew.jpg
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e270/azjd/yepyep.jpg
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...dentladies.jpg
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...rtStorm036.jpg
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...rtStorm047.jpg
    Friday also is a blur, but started with the lunch run down to the Springs next to 40 Flat Deck's awesome Skater and a beautiful Spectre. We were giving it all we had, but the other two we just out boondoggling at 90+. Totally cool to see from my boat. After running into a million more ***boaters down at the Springs and seeing the turbine Skater light off and head out, we hauled ass back to the turtle for a minute before cleaning up the boat for it's new owner, who was taking delivery in a couple of hours... In the meantime, Erik took me for a nice fast blip in his flat deck Skater, which was one of the highlights of my weekend.
    For those of you who follow Indy racing, Ricky Treadway is the happy new owner of the white and red boat, and was Ari Luyendyk's partner on the Kyocera team. He owns a website/company called Laketrash.com and will be using the boat to promote that for the next year or two... Talk about a marriage made in heaven. Ricky will be hitting up the OSS Race in Pickwick, Tennessee, so the boat will be out there for any of you Right Coasters who want a ride in her. The home lake for her will be Geist Lake outside of Indy, where I guess our style of partying fits right in!
    We spent the rest of the weekend with Ricky and Angie, including an absolutely awesome night on the water on Friday, and a stop in at the Red Room. We saw STV Keith, LilJake, Frenchie and a couple of other folks out there. Thanks to Rob and Jordy for pulling out the big baller VIP status for us and taking care of us all weekend. Audrey rolled in late night on Friday, and she, Ricky, Angie and two folks they brought with them from Indy, Keith and Danielle all went to Shugrues with us. Totally cool just parking on the seawall and heading up for dinner.
    At some point, we took Havasu Hangin and Kroozin for a ride with Lance and someone else I can't remember... nice little cruise through the channel and around the island there too. Good to finally meet Dan and hang with the crew for a while... Jeff is a lot shorter in person.
    Saturday was Awesome! We picked up all of Rob's women (tough job, but someone has to do it)
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/101_0097.jpg
    ...and headed out to the buoy line with a full boat. After a quick run down to the raft up with Kilrtoy, Phat Matt and Frenchie among others (thanks for waiting on us) we partied for a couple of hours sandwiched in between Frenchie's all-star party crew and Phat Matt's boat. Watching the poker runners come by from there was just absolutely awesome, and CRC and Predator really looked to be hauling the mail. Gary looked like he was really hanging it out there to reel in CRC, and I would have absolutely loved to have been on that boat for that ride. We went to the Springs for lunch (thanks for lunch Corinna!) and ran into a bunch more old and new friends. We got the bad news that Rob had broken and was out of the run, but that freed us up to go pick him up at the Nautical and head up to the sandbar for afternoon festivities.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1177905119
    The Sandbar was off the hook. If you see Sandbar Twister come out, grab your camera and turn up the stereo... because it is going to get crazy. Frenchie was running that game really well, and had a 300+ person crowd gathered around the Revolution and the game. We were more than happy to provide the washdown water and tunes... Ran into Grunion, Charley(?) in the Awesome Cat and a couple of other folks as well. Someone has GOT to have pics of that event... My favorite drunk/blond moment of the day was Barbi, Mike Jones' wife asked me if I had some water for my dog, Izzy. Who, at the time was up to her knees in water! The look on her face as I mentioned that "Uh... she's IN the water Barbi..." was truly classic.
    Saturday evening was a truly memorable event for me. We got invited to Bob Leach's lifetime achievement award dinner at the Refuge. We sat with Greg Shoemaker and a couple of other folks and I got to hear some great stories of the early days of west coast custom boating. Ran into Randy Scism, Peter Hledin, and too many other "who's who" folks in the industry to count. Also got to spend a little time with Leah and John which was nice. It was a wonderful evening honoring a lifetime of furthering our sport on this coast.
    We made another stop at the Red Room, and then headed up to Greg's place for after-hours. That man knows how to live! Greg, thanks for your hospitality and that pad is absolutely beautiful. All Audrey can talk about is the door...
    So, we get back to the Islander for some sleep, but back up again at 8:00 to give Ricky some wheel-time in the boat since it was finally just ourselves, and he ended up clicking off a faster top speed than I did! That boy is a natural, and a great boat driver.
    We didn't pull out of Havasu until 6:30 or so, and I was cooked for the ride home so we ended up pulling over for about four "power-naps" and I didn't end up home until 9:00 Monday morning.
    If anyone has any pictures of the weekend, please send them to me or post them up. My camera shit the bed early in the trip, so I didn't get any pics for myself...
    To anyone I forgot... sorry. We had an absolutely stellar trip, and couldn't have had a better time. We have been getting a ton of support for our project from most of the folks on here, and it was great giving everyone an opportunity to see it doing what it do!
    Huge, HUGE thanks to Phat Matt for bringing out the new trailer for me so we could deliver the boat. Extreme finished the new trailer on Thursday morning, so Matt and Jen hauled it out for me. I owe you guys big time, and appreciate it greatly!
    Until next time, thanks everyone, and see you out there soon!
    Wes and Audrey

STV_Keith
    Great seeing you again Wes. Yes, the Tridizzle Custom Bizzles are the part spots wherever they go. Good job.

USCFAN
    It was nice meeting you and your wife..

SummitKarl
    Wes it was nice to finally meet you.....your definitely one cool guy in my book.
    it was great to get a good look at the Trident, it's obvious you spent allot of time on the mold, after looking at all the other WAIVE hulls on Mc Culloch Thrus. night......your boat is straight as can be and it was a very noticeable difference to my eyes...
    damn that Trident is nice with the Illmor in it
    only 98 more houses to go

Big Warlock
    Nice recap of events bro! All I know is my bed has never felt better these past two nights! Thanks for letting us ride around in the Trident. we enjoyed it very much. I look forward to a great summer. You guys can always stay at our pad in Az. We have plenty of room at my place. See you guys soon.

Froggystyle
    It was nice meeting you and your wife..
    Absolutely! It was great to hang out with you for a little while. Stanley got to spend a little more time on the boat than you did, but I am glad you got to see it at least.
    This is going to be a great summer!

Froggystyle
    Wes it was nice to finally meet you.....your definitely one cool guy in my book.
    it was great to get a good look at the Trident, it's obvious you spent allot of time on the mold, after looking at all the other WAIVE hulls on Mc Culloch Thrus. night......your boat is straight as can be and it was a very noticeable difference to my eyes...
    damn that Trident is nice with the Illmor in it
    only 98 more houses to go
    Thanks Karl... great to meet you as well. We spent a lot of time on tooling, and as you can see it shows. What is made doubly difficult is keeping it straight and lightweight. If you build the boat as a tank, you can get rid of most transfer waves, but you have a heavy boat. As you saw in some of the bigger boats, it is VERY difficult to get a lighter boat and keep the waves out... most can't in fact.
    That boat you saw is a lot straighter than the first boat. Knight and Carver didn't take much time making sure the transfer was mitigated. Our boats built in house have been quite a bit smoother, and they get better every time.
    Thanks for the good words...

Mandelon
    Nice work. And they call this "marketing".......LOL.

Kilrtoy
    UM WES,
    Where can i buy the readers digest version...
    LOL.
    Stereo was awesome, playing the tunes for everyone

unleashed
    Great seeing you Wes. That boat of yours if off the hook. You should have no problem with success. The performance and quality of your work speaks for itself!
    Deano
    UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
    Unleashedmyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast