Thread: Thinking about seling the boat

Speedin' Ian
    We're entertaining the idea of selling the flatty, but have no idea what it is worth. What's worst is I have a new mac and can't figure out how to post the pics. Do those of you that have seen it have any ideas of what it may be worth? I'm wondering if I should sell the motor seperately.
    For those of you that have not seen it, it is a 76 Cole TR2 (former top fuel boat "Spooky") with a blown injected 523. Motor is fresh and the blower was just serviced.

wsuwrhr
    Well it's probably an uninsurable peice of crap, more than likely has a Chevy for power, I'll come over and take it off your hands ASAP.
    I'll put a Dodge back in it, since it was a top fuel boat, more than likely it had a real motor in it.
    Just trying to help.
    Brian
    We're entertaining the idea of selling the flatty, but have no idea what it is worth. What's worst is I have a new mac and can't figure out how to post the pics. Do those of you that have seen it have any ideas of what it may be worth? I'm wondering if I should sell the motor seperately.
    For those of you that have not seen it, it is a 76 Cole TR2 (former top fuel boat "Spooky") with a blown injected 523. Motor is fresh and the blower was just serviced.

JakeC.
    hey speedin' ian, i might have someone intersted in your boat. check your pm's

Jay Vern
    Hey Ian - why do you want to sell the boat? Are you and the family going to try and make it to Kings this year? I have a Mid Travel sandrail with a Honda
    V6 for sale....maybe a trade.
    Jason

Speedin' Ian
    We aren't set on selling the boat, just entertaining the idea. In all reality it would be real tough to part with it as we have spent a lot of good times working on it and playing with it at the river. The only problem now is we might have gone too radical for our own good. With the current set-up we have to make sure we have a chase boat in the water, take a weather reading , put the right pill in it, fill it up with 118, etc... Driving the boat is a blast and I am sure we would regret it we sold it, but we are tryig to determine if we could put the money into something that might be more fun, and get used more often.
    Jay Vern I don't think we will head up to the Kings anytime soon, we bought a house up in Mohave Valley and spend most of our time on the Colorado River.

Fiat48
    You mean you are trying to be practical. Sorry....do not have an answer for that one.

GofastRacer
    You mean you are trying to be practical. Sorry....do not have an answer for that one.
    LMAO!..