Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Brake shoes?

SummitKarl
    so after hearing a metal to metal sound:jawdrop:
    figured I better check the trailer brakes .........yup the shoes are shot...I know a Ford lug pattern is the standard and the shoes sure look like early 60's Ford shoes....any one know for sure what the standard for shoes was back in the mid 80's for trailers...

Jordy
    For the money and effort involved, you'd be better off changing out the backing plates and putting disc brakes on it and ditching the drums. Much better stopping power, longer life, way less maintenance.

Jbb
    For the money and effort involved, you'd be better off changing out the backing plates and putting disc brakes on it and ditching the drums. Much better stopping power, longer life, way less maintenance.
    I would call Cutting Edge Marine......ask for Dave....

Jordy
    Jbb, stop hatin' on Lil' Mister.
    Here, for $300 and change (and that was the first place I checked), you can get the new rotors, calipers, bearings, seals, plumbing, etc:
    http://www.championtrailers.com/KODI...AKE%20KITS.htm
    For the weight of the boat, I'd do the back axle only and just take the guts out of the front brake assembly and run it that way. But that's just me.

460 jus getn it
    Wait, jordy did you turn over a new leaf?

Jbb
    Jbb, stop hatin' on Lil' Mister.
    Here, for $300 and change (and that was the first place I checked), you can get the new rotors, calipers, bearings, seals, plumbing, etc:
    http://www.championtrailers.com/KODI...AKE%20KITS.htm
    For the weight of the boat, I'd do the back axle only and just take the guts out of the front brake assembly and run it that way. But that's just me.
    Next he'll be waxin the Comet....:jawdrop: :jawdrop:
    One people at a time...
    Dave's not here.............................................. ......man...

Racey
    just take the whole backing plate assembley to your local good autoparts store, they should have no problem ordering replacements, after screwing around with just replacing shoes and then having wheel cylinder problems we've found it's just worth the little extra $ to replace the backing plate and all.

Old school Ultra
    Check out www.beartrailers.com or call 818-727-1585.. He should have the info

RiverDave
    Dave would probably charge more then 300.00 to even look at the problem.. I don't have time for nonsense nowdays.. I'm all business like n shit.
    RD

Jbb
    Dave would probably charge more then 300.00 to even look at the problem.. I don't have time for nonsense nowdays.. I'm all business like n shit.
    RD
    But 3 hundy would still buy a phone diagnosis......right?........:jawdrop:
    RD SUX......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast