Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BOTE ANNA--The Plan

Wet Dream
    June 9th is coming up quickly and its time to have something that resembles a plan. Over the past 5 years we've gone from humble beginnings standing in muddy water to a full spread in Hot Boat magazine. Last year was busy beyond belief, with the helicopter, planes, bikes, street rods, boats and everything else, its going to be hard to top that one. And to be honest...we're not going to try to. We're going back to a little more old school and laid back.
    The Boating This is probably the most important part of this whole Anna thing. Your safety and the safety of everone around you is paramount!!! If you bring your boat, you are responsible for whatever happens to it or your passengers. What you do with your boat is your business. If you choose to hit something with it, on purpose or by accident, or let someone else do it, you are responsible for getting it resolved. If your boat is in the water or on land, you will not be able to hold BOTE or anyone associated for any damage, injuries or loss. Can I make that any more clear? THERE ARE NO BOATING RELATED EVENTS SET UP THIS YEAR. Everything is related to land events only. Mufflers or baffles are a MUST at Jacks. If you don't have them, you have 3 options: make them, buy them, or don't fire up the boat.
    The Lodge is almost full. There are only 2 rooms left for the 8th and 9th.
    The Lighthouse Booked solid.
    Thursday Night Unofficial-Some of us will be arriving then. Generally, people are on your own for food, but the party usually finds itself out back of the Lodge.
    Friday Unofficial- Go shopping, or swimming, or whatever makes you happy.
    Friday NightUnofficial- Generally a good night for potluck, or fend for yourself. You can bring your own BBQ, or in the past we've had people bring out trays of something they've brought to share.
    SaturdayUnofficial- Sleep off the hangover, and head to Jack's for lunch.
    Jack and the Lake Anna Boaters Assn will have info posted in another thread.
    Saturday Night This is our OFFICIAL gathering. We'll be having a little party at the Lodge. Again, dinner is up to you. If a bunch of people want to put together the plans for a full scale potluck, have at it. This is where we will be holding the raffle, giving away gift certificates, door prizes, and a 50/50.
    The Raffle Always a fun event. Again, this year, we are asking everyone to bring something to raffle off. It doesn't have to have anything to do with boating. It doesn't have to be expensive or extravagant. You can donate it annonymously, or put your name on it for recognition. If its an adult item, please wrap it so if there are any kids there, they don't see it. The proceeds from last year went to Childrens Miracle Network.
    The Bar Once again, asking people to bring a small bottle of your preferred drink. I do stock the bar with things that I usually have around, especially the margaritas, but it does get expensive on big weekends like this. Alot of people in the past have donated or brought their own bottle to share and I thank you. We don't charge for drinks, its more like a liquor cabinet.
    T-Shirts Awesome design!! You can pre-order (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148590) your shirts now and pay for them when you get there.
    The Weather There is nothing we can do about the weather, other than hope its a beautiful weekend. We can always count on a thunderstorm to blow through, so don't let that stop you.
    The Boating This is probably the most important part of this whole Anna thing. Your safety and the safety of everone around you is paramount!!! If you bring your boat, you are responsible for whatever happens to it or your passengers. What you do with your boat is your business. If you choose to hit something with it, on purpose or by accident, or let someone else do it, you are responsible for getting it resolved. If your boat is in the water or on land, you will not be able to hold BOTE or anyone associated for any damage, injuries or loss. Can I make that any more clear? THERE ARE NO BOATING RELATED EVENTS SET UP THIS YEAR. Everything is realted to land events only. Mufflers or baffles are a MUST at Jacks. If you don't have them, you have 3 options: make them, buy them, or don't fire up the boat while at Jack's.
    Yes, its on here twice. Just in case someone missed it the first time.
    Any questions or suggestions?

drejustice
    Thanks for planning and putting up the info. Much appreciated.

LynnsJet
    Should be another great get together this year.
    Is anyone bringing anything new and interesting this year?
    New Boats? New Stuff? New Toys? (we all like our toys)

sunkisst
    Three years ago,I won the "BIG" prize. It was ,or still is,a big-ass turkey fryer.I have never used it.I will return it for re-raffle.I just hope that it goes to someone that might use the thing!!!See you guys and gals at BOTE #6.Jack.

publicnuisance
    June 9th is coming up quickly and its time to have something that resembles a plan. Over the past 5 years we've gone from humble beginnings standing in muddy water to a full spread in Hot Boat magazine. Last year was busy beyond belief, with the helicopter, planes, bikes, street rods, boats and everything else, its going to be hard to top that one. And to be honest...we're not going to try to. We're going back to a little more old school and laid back.
    The Boating This is probably the most important part of this whole Anna thing. Your safety and the safety of everone around you is paramount!!! If you bring your boat, you are responsible for whatever happens to it or your passengers. The lanes will be set up, and 2 ONLY. Any more than 2, you get a ticket. Thats all I'm saying about that. What you do with your boat is your business. If you choose to hit something with it, on purpose or by accident, or let someone else do it, you are responsible for getting it resolved. If your boat is in the water or on land, you will not be able to hold BOTE or anyone associated for any damage, injuries or loss. Can I make that any more clear?
    Mufflers or baffles are a MUST at Jacks. If you don't have them, you have 3 options: make them, buy them, or don't fire up the boat.
    The Lodge is almost full. There are only 2 rooms left for the 8th and 9th.
    The Lighthouse Booked solid.
    Thursday Night Some of us will be arriving then. Generally, people are on your own for food, but the party usually finds itself out back of the Lodge.
    Friday Hit the lake. Anyone up for an afternoon cruise? Details coming up in its own thread.
    Friday Night Generally a good night for potluck, or fend for yourself. You can bring your own BBQ, or in the past we've had people bring out trays of something they've brought to share.
    Saturday Hit the lake, or sleep off the hangover, and head to Jack's for lunch.
    Jack and the Lake Anna Boaters Assn will have info posted in another thread.
    Saturday Night We'll be having a little party at the Lodge. Again, dinner is up to you. If a bunch of people want to put together the plans for a full scale potluck, have at it. This is where we will be holding the raffle, giving away gift certificates, door prizes, and a 50/50.
    The Raffle Always a fun event. Again, this year, we are asking everyone to bring something to raffle off. It doesn't have to have anything to do with boating. It doesn't have to be expensive or extravagant. You can donate it annonymously, or put your name on it for recognition. If its an adult item, please wrap it so if there are any kids there, they don't see it. The proceeds from last year went to Childrens Miracle Network.
    The Bar Once again, asking people to bring a small bottle of your preferred drink. I do stock the bar with things that I usually have around, especially the margaritas, but it does get expensive on big weekends like this. Alot of people in the past have donated or brought their own bottle to share and I thank you. We don't charge for drinks, its more like a liquor cabinet.
    T-Shirts Awesome design!! You can pre-order (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148590) your shirts now and pay for them when you get there.
    The Weather There is nothing we can do about the weather, other than hope its a beautiful weekend. We can always count on a thunderstorm to blow through, so don't let that stop you.
    The Boating This is probably the most important part of this whole Anna thing. Your safety and the safety of everone around you is paramount!!! If you bring your boat, you are responsible for whatever happens to it or your passengers. The lanes will be set up, and 2 ONLY. Any more than 2, you get a ticket. Thats all I'm saying about that. What you do with your boat is your business. If you choose to hit something with it, on purpose or by accident, or let someone else do it, you are responsible for getting it resolved. If your boat is in the water or on land, you will not be able to hold BOTE or anyone associated for any damage, injuries or loss. Can I make that any more clear?
    Mufflers or baffles are a MUST at Jacks. If you don't have them, you have 3 options: make them, buy them, or don't fire up the boat.
    Yes, its on here twice. Just in case someone missed it the first time.
    Any questions or suggestions?
    What do you mean 2 lanes? I don't understand

LynnsJet
    2 lanes for racing. No 3 wide racing as it is too dangerous.

sunkisst
    publicnuisance,in years gone bye,we have been known to run 3&4 wide,this was pretty close running,right on the edge of VERY dangerous.I,myself did it too.I am glad someone came up with the 2 lane idea!

VD CRUISER
    Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't know what it meant either.

sunkisst
    Wet Dream says" You are responsible for your boat on, or off water".Ask Hammer,Did he made restitution for the tree?

publicnuisance
    publicnuisance,in years gone bye,we have been known to run 3&4 wide,this was pretty close running,right on the edge of VERY dangerous.I,myself did it too.I am glad someone came up with the 2 lane idea!
    Thank you, I will see you in June...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast