Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone drive/tow with a 2008 Ford Superduty?

grads2112
    I'm thinking about trading in my 2005 Ford F-250 on a new 2008 and I was just wondering if anyone on here has one and if they like it. Would I be better off sticking with my 2005? I am talking about the diesels.

USCFAN
    Talked to a guy who had a 2008 and he couldn't stop raving about it. Said it was the best tow vehicle he has owned. Not sure what he had prior.

Indobos
    Cool your heals before buying this one. I have a buddy that bought the new '08 and he loves it. But then again he also stated last week that they had an update for the cpu. The said something to the effect that the particulate filter is getting too hot and blowing flames out the back of this rig. He also read on the Ford forums that someone had this rig and the unit just completely lost power. The check engine light came on and he was instructed to turn off the vehicle wait 10 minutes then restart. If the Check engine light came back on, then he was to immediately shut down the unit and have it towed to a ford dealership for repairs. That may be why Ford gave the owners of this new truck a $1000 loyalty check. My firend hasn't had any problems but then again he said he loves the truck. I would do a bit more research into this before I plopped down $40k plus. Not trying to stop you but this is the information I have heard within the last week. Otherwise Ford did a good job on the redesign of this. Good Luck.

shockwaveharry
    My buddy was hot for his and had a $50,000 diesel on order but backed out because of all the issues they're having with it. That, and the fact you have to remove the entire cab of the truck to complete any service more envolved then an oil change.
    He ordered a Duramax instead.

Sleek-Jet
    Never buy the first year of anything...

Buddy
    Chevy or Dodge

shrek
    I already have mine on order..........Not a Diesel, though......mighty mighty 5.4!!!
    I will let you know in two months.......
    Shrek

cc322
    Here are some good sites to read on the new 6.4, take what most say here with a grain of salt most is just here say any how, go directly to the people that have them good luck. Remember that Ford is the only one to meet the 08 emissions on there diesel engine GM, Dodge will have to do it when there 08's come out so I would bet there will be some fine tuning on the motor.
    http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/
    http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/

plaster dave
    Here are some good sites to read on the new 6.4, take what most say here with a grain of salt most is just here say any how, go directly to the people that have them good luck. Remember that Ford is the only one to meet the 08 emissions on there diesel engine GM, Dodge will have to do it when there 08's come out so I would bet thre will be some fine tuning on the motor.
    http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/
    http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/
    Come on Craig the truck has issues just admit it.

cc322
    Come on Craig the truck has issues just admit it.
    Whats up Dave? really I havent heard many issues on the new 08 other then the flames but that was 3 out of like 15,000, in any case with any new motor first year issues will arise, just the nature of the beast, now the 6.0 thats a coin toss. Good ol Cali dictates what the emissions will be and all manufactures build then to Ca specs kinda sucks. It will be ineresting
    to see what the other guys have in store for the 08 emissions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast