Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imco tanks

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Does anyone have any Imco stainless gunnel tanks for sale? just priced getting my tank fixed and ouch. time for new tanks.
    Omega

blownmoney
    wait till you see the price of some new imco tanks..lol 13 gal ss polished ran me $850 for the set

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    are you serious? I just got off the phone with a real nice lady at Imco and she quoted me $530 for a pair. That was kinda why I was leaning towards new tanks. that price includes brackets but you have to pay an extra $17 for the sending units.
    Omega

blownmoney
    omega, the price for mine, to my door were right close to 850, they were ss polished 13 gal tanks with brackets, i did have them over size the return fuel bung which was about 50 bucks extra, then you have cal tax,and shipping!... good luck

BGMAN203
    Look at it this way, you get what you pay for,good quality stuff. In my opinion there is nothing better stainless IMCO tanks. Go ahead and buy the cheap tanks and you will be in the same situation your in now, in my opinion buy it right the first time and don't worry about having to fix it.
    [ August 26, 2003, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: BGMAN203 ]

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    BGMAN203:
    Look at it this way, you get what you pay for,good quality stuff. In my opinion there is nothing better stainless IMCO tanks. Go ahead and buy the cheap tanks and you will be in the same situation your in now, in my opinion buy it right the first time and don't worry about having to fix it. that's kinda the direction I'm leaning. do it once and do it right. So I assume these Imco tanks have a pretty good life to them? How do you mount the brackets? My old tanks were fiberglassed into the side of the boat and now it appears I will have to mount these metal brackets somehow.
    Omega

PGF545
    Omega, If you are in Houston still, call Mike over at Mike's Pump and Speed, he might have a used set??? Just a thought.
    Bernie

BGMAN203
    They come with steel straps that are coated in a rubberlike material, they bolt through the bottom of the boat...it sounds kinda scary, but just use a good stainless bolt and do a good job countersinking and some silicone and you all hooked up! The straps have a bolt that tightens them together too, try to point these to the outside of the boat, if you don't you will cuss at them everytime you kick them or naill it with you knee.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    BGMAN203:
    They come with steel straps that are coated in a rubberlike material, they bolt through the bottom of the boat...it sounds kinda scary, but just use a good stainless bolt and do a good job countersinking and some silicone and you all hooked up! The straps have a bolt that tightens them together too, try to point these to the outside of the boat, if you don't you will cuss at them everytime you kick them or naill it with you knee. would it be just as good to fiberglass a board to the bottom of the boat and screw to that? I don't play around in the engine compartment that much either (hot ass headers) so I think I'll put them to the inside.
    Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    PGF545:
    Omega, If you are in Houston still, call Mike over at Mike's Pump and Speed, he might have a used set??? Just a thought.
    Bernie I talk to mike all the time. He don't have any used tanks right now. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Omega

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast