Thread: Tunnel Ram/NOS

Jason
    I have a 76 bubble deck w/ a 454 bored to a 460. Last year i put merlin heads, roller rockers, cam, valves- did the top end. I dont know what i have bottom end wise, since it hasnt blown in the last 6 years i've owned it. It has a cheater system on there that ive never touched. Id like to jet it to 100hp and push it. Do i need to change out the fuel pump, or do anything to the motor to run it. I dont think i need to, just checking before i do push the button. One other question. I have a Offenhouser tunnel ram w/ a single 850 dp. It sucks on cold starts. Im looking to either put dual carbs up top and just change out the top or should i get a new manifold and carbs? Any idea on what carbs would be good? I was thinking of dual 660's. Whats a good manifold to run if i get rid of my other one?? Any help will be appreciated.
    Jason

Hotcrusader76
    Jason:
    I have a 76 bubble deck w/ a 454 bored to a 460. Last year i put merlin heads, roller rockers, cam, valves- did the top end. I dont know what i have bottom end wise, since it hasnt blown in the last 6 years i've owned it. It has a cheater system on there that ive never touched. Id like to jet it to 100hp and push it. Do i need to change out the fuel pump, or do anything to the motor to run it. I dont think i need to, just checking before i do push the button. One other question. I have a Offenhouser tunnel ram w/ a single 850 dp. It sucks on cold starts. Im looking to either put dual carbs up top and just change out the top or should i get a new manifold and carbs? Any idea on what carbs would be good? I was thinking of dual 660's. Whats a good manifold to run if i get rid of my other one?? Any help will be appreciated.
    JasonManifold Ideas:
    Edelbrock- Victor tunnel ram for Daul set-up, awesome manifold to plum the NOS foggers into.
    If you're going to run NOS, think about getting the HP series carbs in 750 size and ensure your boosters are the banjo types. Its all about vacuum signal...
    NOS-100HP shot is a great starting point. I personally am going to squeeze only 50HP because I don't know my current parts that make up my bottom end as of yet, so I am being cautious.

Thunderbutt
    Jason:
    JasonJason, I have a Weiand dual carb tunnel ram that was plumd for Nos, by Marvin Miller, it is all under the Manifold. It has 2-750 dbl pumpers with K&N spark arresters, a neet fuel block w/preasure gauge integral with the linkage, Stainless hoses. Everything has been poweredcoated black except the stainless steel allen head bolts and hoses. I won't part with it until the season is over.

Dennis Moore
    Go with the two four barrel top from Offy and add two Edelbrock Marine carbs. You won't be sorry!
    Sincerely
    Dennis Moore
    Family and Performance Boating Magazine