Thread: Berkeley and Jacuzzi 12wj Spline Compatibility

V1800J
    Will a driveline that fits a berkeley pump also fit a Jacuzzi 12wj pump. I have a driveline someone is interested in and I don't want to mislead him. I know some pumps interchange but not sure which ones. Thanks in advance.
    Randy

DelawareDave
    I have a Berk JC, and a 'cuzzi YJ. They both take the same driveline.

Duane HTP
    Yes!

BrendellaJet
    Unless the WJ only has one spline! Some old WJ's only use 1 keyway I believe.

wsuwrhr
    Unless the WJ only has one spline! Some old WJ's only use 1 keyway I believe.
    Yea what he said.
    Brian

Duane HTP
    I did a little research on this, and the pump that had the one splined shaft with a key, was a Jacuzzi 12HJ model pump. They were what they called an inboard pump. (most of them were installed with the bowl part still in the boat, some of them may not have been though), They were also used in the Military.

BrendellaJet
    Jim Lee had a WJ that he detailed the rebuilding of @ MPD. Was an early WJ with a four blade impeller and no splines on the shaft. I think the yoke was being held on the shaft with a set screw...Jack machined the keyway as I recall. As I recall it looked identical to my WJ, just a different impeller & shaft. Perhaps it was this HJ you speak of, but this pump was a standard install and referred to as a WJ. Im sure the driveline will work on 98 out of every hundred WJ's out there...

Duane HTP
    Very true. And Jason at NAMJ said that the shafts could have been interchanged too.