Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahh....the joys of being a parent....

Mrs Luvnlife
    So, my daughter broke her arm yesterday morning. This is really the first major mishap with our kids other than when my son was burrito wrapped in the emergency room as a baby for stitches on his face. Being a parent, the last thing you want to see is your child in pain knowing there's nothing you can do except to try and comfort them . Well, she not only hates shots, but flys off the table and out the door at the sight of a needle. I know...no big deal a broken arm, it's a kid...well, they had to re-break her arm so they needed to give her pain medication to numb the area so they could do the re-break. Holy hell....what this poor child had to endure and what I had to see will haunt me for the rest of my freakin life.
    The doctor is as old as dirt and has absolutely NO compassion what-so-ever, so it's needle time and I kid you not he stabbed her with this needle about 30 different times just digging and grinding :2purples: as she lays there screaming and I'm asking him....do you really need to do this ?????? When he was done with the needle, I looked at it and it was completely bent , granted it was a very tiny needle, but I think it was a bit excessive. Is this normal?? Am I just being a mom?? Am I a wuss ??
    I know it probly won't be the last time, but if something like this ever happens again...one of their adopted mom's will have to step in and take over . Luckily she's not in alot of pain and is in pretty good spirits for the most part and at least they have the option of getting a hot pink cast .
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1178284836
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1178284883

707dog
    damn that sux...best wishes to her...looks like someone will be getting good hospitality for awhile...

FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
    :jawdrop: What the hell no the needle should not have been bent on her next appt let me know so I can take her:devil: my poor baby hows she doing its tough when your kid is in pain and there is nothing you can do but let her know I'm just a phone call away Oh and Jen the cast color should have been silver or black but thats ok they make the girl raider stickers that I will put on for her
    call if you need anything this weekend I will be in TJ for cinco de mayo

deltarat
    Oh that sucks, looks like your little cutie will be getting a lot of ice cream for this one. How did she break her arm anyways? My son had his appendix rupture when he was 5, kept complaining that his stomach hurt and kept throwing up. I kept telling my wife of coarse his stomach hurts, it sore musclesÂ’ form all the throwing up. After two days I said maybe we should take him to the doctor. They rushed him straight to surgery and his spent 7 days in the hospital. I stayed there for seven days and never left his side day or night. Man I felt like an ass. Kids are just one of those things you don't ever want to see anything happen to and when it does it is just as traumatic on us as it is them. Wish her the best from my family and we all hope she recovers from this soon.

RitcheyRch
    Poor thing. Can not imagine what you guys are going through. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Dons_donzi
    oh my goodness....
    not to get into details, but it had to be "re-broke"...? was it broke before?
    and not set right..?
    poor baby girl... you need me to kick that docs ass for ya...?
    it IS normal for the needles for pain meds to bend like that....
    my step son laid his wrist open like a fillet off of a fish...and i held it together for 2 hours and held it while the doc poked it every quarter inch all around the cut... and he bent the hell out of that needle. he didnt pull it out, just moved it under the skin... ( it spreads the meds under the skin surface to get it numb faster.. and they dont have to re-poke as many times)
    sorry the doctor had no compassion, but usually those types are faster at getting the job done. they just seem really cold about it.
    Jen... your a great mom... just keep up the good work...
    and that is a smokin hot pink cast.

HokeySon
    Be prepared for a visit from DCFS -- the emercency room do-gooders seem report all breaks as potential child abuse. Seen it a few times now.

Mr. C
    what a cutie, looks like she has a little of the devil in her
    She's ganna be just fine, probably be hitting people with the cast before you know it.
    Please don't let anyone put black n silver stickers on it, that would just be wrong LMAO

Mr. C
    been there done that, my daughter had (i think they called it) nurse maids elbow where her elbow woud pop out of its socket, after the second time we were questioned at the hospital by 3 or 4 different people. I guess they are just looking out for the child, but man they can be kinda harsh with parents.
    Be prepared for a visit from DCFS -- the emercency room do-gooders seem report all breaks as potential child abuse. Seen it a few times now.

Jetdriver
    Poor baby! Tell Kiara we said Hi Jen!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast