Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: castaic

LAFD
    anyone gunna be out tomorrow. gunna be taking the pontoon out to do a shake down run make sure everything works. gunna get up there about 9 and hang for a few hours.

Pussywhippled
    Ya know, I made the drive last weekend up to Castaic for a test drive on a boat with my buddy.
    It just seems like (to me) there are some disadvantages going there.
    1. 35mph
    2. Popo's everywhere
    3. 35mph
    I had a strange uneasy feeling being on that lake.

LAFD
    Ya know, I made the drive last weekend up to Castaic for a test drive on a boat with my buddy.
    It just seems like (to me) there are some disadvantages going there.
    1. 35mph
    2. Popo's everywhere
    3. 35mph
    I had a strange uneasy feeling being on that lake.
    well its only a pontoon i highly doubt it will get upto 35. just wanna make sure its runs good and its an excuse to get out on the water.even though it is only castaic.

FOREVER2DOXIES
    unfortunately for some, all Southern California (and a lot of northern and central cali too) lakes have a speed limit. they also have limits to the number of allowed boats and/or watercraft allowed. this is really for our safety even tho, for some, it cuts down on the fun. i, too, have a need for speed now and then and, in fact, live with the owner of a Stoker Sport Tunnel which runs best at about 60 mph...but even so, we all need to learn to slow down once in a while. castaic lake really is not a bad little lake. there are some nice "arms" to go into and find a nice quiet area to relax in. rather than looking for a raceway on the water, sometimes its better to learn to enjoy the peace.

Pussywhippled
    castaic lake really is not a bad little lake.
    Ok, well I don't know, and who am I...
    It may have been the "element" that I was refering to as well.

H20 Toie
    you forgot the no booze rule also

RitcheyRch
    I prefer Pyramid but with the water levels being low dont think will be going there anytime soon. I do like Castaic and have been there a few times. lately we have been going to Buena Vista

502schiada
    I also agree Castaic is a nice lake, but the cops swarm it. Pyramid is nice they dont patrol as much and you can get away with high speeds easier. I was there last weekend , levels didnt seem to be too low. Thinking about going sunday,its supposed to be warm!

RitcheyRch
    Maybe isnt low but sure as hell looked low when passed by on the freeway.
    I also agree Castaic is a nice lake, but the cops swarm it. Pyramid is nice they dont patrol as much and you can get away with high speeds easier. I was there last weekend , levels didnt seem to be too low. Thinking about going sunday,its supposed to be warm!

Hotcobra270
    When I used to live in valencia I would go there all the time.
    good things is that there is never a line to get in unlike pyramid and we usually find a small cove and put our beers in cups..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast