Thread: Hey Bigamist....LOL

MudPumper
    Wife Speaks Out Against Bigamist Husband
    Husband Married Seven Times
    A Fairfax County man who's been married seven times has been indicted on a bigamy charge.
    Police say 61-year-old Ed Hicks, of Fairfax, Va., had seven wives.
    Hicks has been married seven times, but only actually divorced five of his wives.
    Authorities say he married his seventh wife, Sandra Goldin Hicks, without divorcing his sixth wife.
    He apparently lived with that woman in the late 90s in Chesapeake, Va., while he was still married to his fifth wife.
    Now, Hicks has been indicted by a grand jury in Chesapeake on a charge of felony bigamy.
    Sandra Hicks, of Alexandria, said she couldn't be happier with the indictment of her two-timing husband.
    She says the Department of Defense worker is a con artist who never told her he was still married when he tied the knot with her.
    She describes him as charming, charismatic, and intelligent.
    Sandra met Ed Hicks on an Internet singles site in 2001. The two got married two years later. But earlier this year, Sandra uncovered a huge secret.
    She said she discovered that her husband is a serial bigamist who was still married to a woman living in Utah when he got hitched to her in 2003.
    "He married No. 5 and there was a divorce. Married to No. 6 when he was married to No. 5. Married me and there is no divorce between me and No. 6," said Sandra.
    Furious over the deception, Sandra had Ed arrested in May. On Tuesday, a jury in Chesapeake, Va., indicted him on felony bigamy charges.
    The charges carry a maximum 10-year penalty.
    Sandra is now warning other women who do Internet dating.
    "You better do a background check. I think that is very important because you don't know that person. They can be anybody they want to be behind the computer screen. He told me he was a graduate of Cal Poly and had an electrical engineering degree. He never went to Cal Poly. He never got his masters from the University of Washington. He lied about his age," said Sandra.
    Sandra and wife No. 6 are working with authorities to put Ed Hicks away before he marries again.
    Meanwhile, Sandra Hicks has started a "fight bigamy" web site.
    "Very few people who commit bigamy get prison time or it is pled out; or they might get 30 days and a fine. Their fines are less than what you or I would get for a speeding ticket. There is something wrong with this," said Sandra.
    An attorney representing Ed Hicks had no comment on this story.
    On Monday, Sandra Hicks will join wife No. 6, Julie Flint Hicks, on the "Dr. Phil" show. The topic is con artists. They also believe there may be a wife No. 8 out there somewhere.

AltarGirl
    Uh oh Biggie, looks like you're going to have to change your name & move again! :cry:

SoCal_fun
    "discovered that her husband is a serial bigamist"
    Yep, that sounds like the BIGGIE I know!! :220v: