Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diagnose This?

Rayhill
    Here are pics of my Twin Turbo 350 SBC pistons.
    The heads are World Products.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/P1010194.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/junk.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/P1010201.JPG[/img]

Mrs. Duck
    Hey, this is Ducky, I'm having login trouble.
    That looks like a broken ring to me. Keep in mind it's not necessarily on that cylinder, stuf can fly across from another hole through the intake. It's possible that someone lost a washer or something down the intake manifold, but not likely. Either way, it's needs to come apart. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... frown

Infomaniac
    If not a ring I hope it is not a piece of impeller. The piston is peeled up on the left side at the ring land.

Ouch... eek! I've seen pistons like that before. They look just like the pistons I took out of my TT/BBF. Broken rings/lands and exited thru the turbos. Check your hot wheels as they are prob. trash.

DUCKY
    Oh Yeah, I forgot about that. Pieces of the turbine wheels... OUCH!

MikeF
    Maybe a ground from spark plug on the opposite side? frown

HOSS
    Bet it was loud! Had someone put metal from a nibbler down my carb. ****ed up pistons, heads, valves. Check turbos GOOD! Good luck bro.
    Gotta love those bench racers! They never learn!

Nstigator74
    Make sure that all your valve guides are complete and intact. I had a guide come apart once, it made marks like that

shockwaveharry
    Pop the valves out and check the seats. I don't know though... Maybe something fell in??? Are the compressor wheels OK??? Hummmmm... Check the seats.

Rayhill
    You guys are scarin me with talk about a piece from the turbos gettin in there. I assumed it was a broken ring. A new job, christmas, and shitty weather has prevented me from getting more into it. I will definately check the turbos. The boat had the turbos on it when I bought it. This is a first for me with turbos of any kind.
    It wasnt that loud. I was out with a couple of friends. Had just finished a WOT run, not long, just long enough to do a fly by a skiboat loaded with bikinis. My boat is a 1979 Carlson CV23 yellow with gold metalflake. It looks and sounds wicked bustin down the lake with the turbos kicked in. People must think someone is filming a James Bond movie. I slowed down to about mid throttle and was headed for home. Poof ! Didnt loose any power that I could tell. Low knocking sound.
    Dam I cant wait til next year!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast