Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kent State

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    37 years ago today
    Yesterday I told my students that the first person in each class period to come in and tell me what "Kent State" meant, I'd give him or her a prize. It was pretty cool to see how proud they were to tell me that they knew today. I'm creating little history freaks (insert evil laugh here).

MRS FLYIN VEE
    it's amazing what kids know about these days.. Good for them.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    it's amazing what kids know about these days.. Good for them.
    LOL, they didn't know until they went home and looked it up on the internet after I challenged them. I'm more amazed by what they don't know. Only 1/2 had ever heard of Vietnam. I grew up with the word, my dad is a vet.
    But at least a handful of them will know now.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    LOL, they didn't know until they went home and looked it up on the internet after I challenged them. I'm more amazed by what they don't know. Only 1/2 had ever heard of Vietnam. I grew up with the word, my dad is a vet.
    LOL!! well at least they did it. good for them it seems when they have insentive they do alot more.

Screaming Pete
    damm MMSW i knew there was something over the top sexy about you ..........Mrs. Wood could you keep me after school today

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    So, you're the "School Marm" out there in the country. :idea:
    School marm. That's me!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    damm MMSW i knew there was something over the top sexy about you ..........Mrs. Wood could you keep me after school today
    Have you been a bad boy? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I failed to mention that. Damm! That could have been a great "don't do drugs" message right there! Missed opportunities (tsk).

shueman
    My son has been out in the garage playin' "4 Dead in Ohio" over and over, singin' the words, fine tuning the leads.... eerie to hear that when you lived through it... Yea, he's a Niel Young junkie also...

LuckyStrike
    My Families Paving Co. was doing the paving around the campus that week.
    My cousin still has one of the Gallion rollers that had Several Bullet Holes in it.
    I remember my old man was a wreck. Had a complete paving crew caught right in the middle. No one hurt except for the guy that was on the roller that got hit. He got hit by lightning on the same job about a week or so later. And Survived..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast