Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Onboard battery charger

Thinking of putting one in. I have four batteries in the boat, 1 set to position one (used to start the boat) on the Perko switch and 3 (for the stereo) on position two. What chargers are you guys using and which ones do you recommend?

DILLIGAF
    Here is the one I use.
    http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-...A/DLS1275.html
    Used to have a generator but took it out. I didn't like the heat and other possible problems that could occur. I am much happier with the charger. When I leave it in the slip at night I just plug it in and by the next day my 4 batteries are fully charged. When the boat is in the garage I plug it in there also. Works great. One thing I had to do was change the plug from the 20 amp plug to the regular plug.

purrfecttremor
    I had Frank at car toyz in Havi install stinger batteries [3]and an on board charger and never had problems starting or playing the sterio.

Tremor, Which one did you use?

DILLIGAF
    I had Frank at car toyz in Havi install stinger batteries [3]and an on board charger and never had problems starting or playing the sterio.
    I have 4 of those batteries on my boat

IS anyone using this one?:
    http://www.iboats.com/ProSport_20_20...view_id.167503
    If so, what do you think of it?

DILLIGAF
    Did you check out the one I posted the link to?

Cole Sanger
    Not to hijack your thread, but does anyone not run the stereo off the alternator? I was thinking this weekend while starting the stereo install about leaving the 3 D31M's seperate from the boat except the ground. I have a battery charger that I will plug in and use only for the stereo batteries after each outing - about one day a week, two if I am lucky. That way I can use the existing two batteries the way they came on the boat - Position 1 for one battery and a second battery on position 2 connected to the alt through the perko. I have about 1500w system going in. I don't think we will be playing at max very often - two small kids.

FilthyHaBIT
    Get the little blue charger/battery maintainer from energy1.com. Its made for boats and engine compartments is waterproof and very small. Works great. Check their Northstar batteries out too....they are wonderful.

Did you check out the one I posted the link to?
    Yes I did, I'm just checking all my options. I've seen pictures of boats with the one I linked to and was curious of what people thought of them.. Thanks for the info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast