Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Onboard battery charger

Cole Trickle
    Not to hijack your thread, but does anyone not run the stereo off the alternator? I was thinking this weekend while starting the stereo install about leaving the 3 D31M's seperate from the boat except the ground. I have a battery charger that I will plug in and use only for the stereo batteries after each outing - about one day a week, two if I am lucky. That way I can use the existing two batteries the way they came on the boat - Position 1 for one battery and a second battery on position 2 connected to the alt through the perko. I have about 1500w system going in. I don't think we will be playing at max very often - two small kids.
    We have 2 Odyseey 1700's that are 100% stand alone and don't tie into the alternator. We have each one hooked up to an Iota DLS55 charger and just plug them in after the day on the water.
    Our last boat with only 2 batteries left us stranded a couple of times and I vowed to not let that happen on this boat

purrfecttremor
    Tremor, Which one did you use?
    My bad didnt see this question until now. Ill look at it over Memorial Day.

Cole Sanger
    We have 2 Odyseey 1700's that are 100% stand alone and don't tie into the alternator. We have each one hooked up to an Iota DLS55 charger and just plug them in after the day on the water.
    Our last boat with only 2 batteries left us stranded a couple of times and I vowed to not let that happen on this boat
    Thanks, that was what I was hoping to hear. My friends were screwing with me last night betting on how long before the stereo cut out on the lake once everything gets hooked up. I figured I would be good for 1-2 days at normal operation.

Cole Trickle
    Thanks, that was what I was hoping to hear. My friends were screwing with me last night betting on how long before the stereo cut out on the lake once everything gets hooked up. I figured I would be good for 1-2 days at normal operation.
    1-2 days
    It really depends on the system you built. How much power the amps are drawing off the batteries.
    I have 4 amps totaling about 1600-1800 watts and I can kill both batteries in less than a day if we are cranking the volume.:devil:

Cole Sanger
    The system is 3 Optima D31M's and the amps are a total combined peek power at 1320w. We have two small kids, so it I think it will be fine. The original system I designed had the three Optimas on position 1 for the perko and the original two batteries on position 2. Worst case, I go back to that.

Jesster
    Im using the IOTA DLS-55 also on 2 odyssey 2100's with 2 kicker KX850.4 and a Phoenix Gold 600.1 and it will play for a 3day weekend without a problem at moderate volumels. Honestly I dont know how long it will play since it has never cut out on me even after 4 days on the water. I have 2 small kids also so very high volumes dont happen very often. But the DLS-55 charges them easily overnight. I like it because it can be left plugged in for months if you want. It monitors battery level and shuts off completly when not needed then turns on when voltages drop to a certain point.

phuggit
    IS anyone using this one?:
    http://www.iboats.com/ProSport_20_20...view_id.167503
    If so, what do you think of it?
    I've been using that model to maintain my Optima blue tops for three seasons now.

Magic34
    Guest makes a great charger for Marine use. My last boat had a Guest and I have a Guest installed on my Rhino as well.

Xlration Marine
    I bought a couple of these and they seem to work just fine. They come with a bracket, mounted them to the transom. I bought them on sale for $7.00, and they keep the batteries fully charged. I even tested the batteries and there were perfect.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93258

greencell
    I am glad to say we manufacture many many types of Ni-MH/li-ion/rechargeable battery & battery packs;battery & charger for digital cameras battery fit for NIKON ,JVC ,SONY ,CANON.SHARP ,SANYO ....video cameras battery;Universal external battery .
    Our professional technical staffs can design the most up-to-date battery packs of the highest quality as customer's request.
    For details you can visit our websit:
    http://www.greencelltech.com
    Thank you for your prompt reply!
    Nancy -- Shenzhen Marketing
    http://www.sinobatteryonline.com
    Tel:0086-755-28984281
    Fax:0086-755-28902481
    Email: sales@sinobatteryonline.com & sinobattery@yahoo.com.cn
    MSN:nancybattery@hotmail.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast