Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Seats

BrendellaJet
    I found these seats and was thinking they would look good in my boat. They are different than anything else I have ever seen in a boat. I was afraid they were too tall but I bought 2 of them anyways figuring i could somehow make em work. When I got them and laid them on top of my stringer my worst fears were realized...TOO DAMN TALL!
    I thought I could cut my stringers, a couple of you said dont do it! So, after studying the seat, I figured my best bet was to cut em open and shorten them. My after pics are at home on my camara, but its so slow in here I thought I'd post another pic of the seat and see what everyone thinks of them. In this pic the back is 23 inches long, I took 6 inches out of it.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...A_modified.JPG

BrendellaJet
    bunch of lookie lou's today!

lucky
    bunch of lookie lou's today!
    your kidding right ?

BrendellaJet
    about putting them in my boat? nope! They are shorter than what is in the pic. Bear a similar resemblance to the drag buckets in size, yet different and way more comfy.

ShutYaPieHole
    Wow

RCB19
    The seats look MUCH better cut down.

BrendellaJet
    The seats look MUCH better cut down.
    Thanks, I have to agree with you. They looked scary in there before I cut them down. My wife couldn't believe I would buy a pair of new seats only to tear em apart and cut em in half. I was a little concerned myself at one point :220v: Now I just have to do the other one and hope it turns out the same.

flat broke
    Night and day! I think that will turn out looking good. What are your plans for rear seats? Out of curiosity, who made the seats? Was the orriginal application for a rail or something?
    When you pullin that other motor our and slapping the DNE bullet in?
    Talk to you later,
    Chris

BrendellaJet
    Night and day! I think that will turn out looking good. What are your plans for rear seats? Out of curiosity, who made the seats? Was the orriginal application for a rail or something?
    When you pullin that other motor our and slapping the DNE bullet in?
    Talk to you later,
    Chris
    Hey Chris,
    Seats are made by Corbeau. They aren't really specified for anything, not quite a sand rail seat, but does bear some resemblance. More of a seat for tight fit applications. For the rear, Im not going to do anything for now. Gonna get it running first and then tackle that. Ill probably buy one more seat, widen it, add foam where necessary to match the countours, and have it upholstered.
    As for the bullet, not soon enough! Its getting wet this year. Im tired of not using it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast