Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Afternoon Gelcoat....

Jbb
    Well .....I was gonna post a pic of how nice it came out .......and just as soon as I got done drying it .....a monster thunderstorm rolled in....first rain we have seen in weeks....... .....nice....Hopefully a big tree wont fall on it....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Looking good Brian! I love your 21 footer. They ride like cadillacs! What kind of speeds are you seeing in that hull?
    How much are those pads?

Jbb
    Looking good Brian! I love your 21 footer. They ride like cadillacs! What kind of speeds are you seeing in that hull?
    How much are those pads?
    High 90's @12 lbs boost....still working on the setup....
    superbuff pads are about $20 ...and you use both sides....foam pads are about $25 for two

Just foreplay
    Sweet heads up, Looks great..

Dave C
    Thanks for the info JBB.
    damn I didn't know you can get 4000 grit pads for the DA.
    what exactly did you buff it with???

Jbb
    Thanks for the info JBB.
    damn I didn't know you can get 4000 grit pads for the DA.
    what exactly did you buff it with???
    After 4000 grit sanding...I washed it...and between all steps its washed ...I buffed with 3m super duty with a superbuff wool pad...after that I switched to a white foam pad ...and ran over it with Rolite mild compound....[Its called pre cleaner....good stuff]...and then switched to a black foam pad and applied a coat of terminator teflon paint sealant...which works great on fiberglass.....I was afraid of more rain....and having no where to put it inside as all my shops are full at home...I took it back to my building at the lake .....once inside I went over it by hand with Dri Wash & guard........and it looks like a new penny......now when I pull out ...a quick wipedown with a damp rag leaves everything...including the transom bright and shiney agin ..in about 5 minutes...

Baja Big Dog
    Ok here she is .....wet sanded with 4000 grit....and rinsed...no buffing yet...thats tomorrows project......You can see it has a shine ...no more wax dullness or water spots.....just flat level ready to buff gel...with just a very slight haze from the sanding process......More tomorrow...
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1178840791
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1178840608
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1178840608
    Brian...the boats looks great, hopefully everyone reads the part about the 3/32" stroke DA...and take note the a regular DA with the same media will raise hell on the gell....
    But thats besides the point, and enough about the boat..........was that PINK primer on the truck next to the boat????:idea:

AZJD
    WOW, real nice shine and a great looking boat!
    But let's see what you can do with the Ford Ranger in the background!:devil:

RiverDave
    Brian called a few places about a cover for ya... No dice without the boat actually being here.
    RD

Jbb
    Brian called a few places about a cover for ya... No dice without the boat actually being here.
    RD
    Thanks for checking ......I had a feeling they would say that....Guess Im gonna have to move....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast