Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 65 Nova

Speedin' Ian
    I have an opportunity to buy a 65 Nova II for 5k. The body is very straight with no rust and everything is there except the grille. The interior is missing door panels and carpet, but that stuff is cheap enough. It has a 10 bolt rear end, turbo 350 trans and a 200 straight 6, but he is throwing in a 327. Is it worth it? Also has some nice centerlines.
    How hard would it be to install the 327? I have a brand new 540 sitting in the garage, how hard would it be to install that?

Squeezing Spectra
    327 or any sbc is very easy all bolt in parts just takes a special oil pan, bbc is a biotch the only way to do it right is to put on a aftermarket bolt on front frame clip
    B
    http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...er500/nova.jpg

DMOORE
    I had a 63 as my first car. Still have a sweet spot for them. As S.S. said, small blocks are a breeze, the 65 SS came with one. A BBC will most likely mean a conversion to a pinto style front end ,due to the fact the shock towers are too close to fit a BBC.
    Darrell.

wsuwrhr
    If you don't buy it, PM me the info please.
    I may have someone who wants one.
    Brian

LeE ss13
    The '65 to '67 V8 Chevy II used a very special block biult just for that car. Not only did it take a front sump oil pan, it was the first Chevy V8 to use a spin on oil filter. The block was cast with the location of the filter 1 1/2" higher than the location that came out on the newer 1968 block. It was raised up to clear the Steering Tie Rod. Just make sure it clears at full travel.

thatguy
    Don't buy it!!! Back away from the car!!!! You don't want it at all!!!!
    But, PLEASE send ME all the info on it!!!!
    Tommy

sanger rat
    Any small block will fit with the Nova V8 mounts. They make a rear sump oil pan to clear the steering linkage. Finding a nice 65 grille is going to be tuff. My 65.http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...cmy65nova0.jpg

smokinflatties
    I have an opportunity to buy a 65 Nova II for 5k. The body is very straight with no rust and everything is there except the grille. The interior is missing door panels and carpet, but that stuff is cheap enough. It has a 10 bolt rear end, turbo 350 trans and a 200 straight 6, but he is throwing in a 327. Is it worth it? Also has some nice centerlines.
    How hard would it be to install the 327? I have a brand new 540 sitting in the garage, how hard would it be to install that?
    the 540 wont fit so sell me it :idea:

Blown 472

cfm
    I understand this is SpAm but what the heck. LOL.
    I have a pair of HPC coated BBC Hooker 2" primary fenderwell headers for these Nova's. I had extensions welded on so that an exhaust can be bolted on. I thru out the 4" dual exhaust though - sorry - was for a ladder bar car - and too big to keep in the garage.
    I've had the headers collecting dust for almost 10yrs. No one seems to want to build a BBC pre'68 Nova anymore. Doh.
    Not many miles - just some street racing and track use. Make offer.
    - CFM

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast