Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who else rolls the dice with NO spare?

justfloatn
    I'm on my third boat and have never had a spare. Just got bit on the way home yesterday. Three hour ordeal. Ordering a spare and mount today. I notice a lot of trailers in the parking lots without a spare and was wondering how many others roll the dice.

Opinionated
    Been there, done that. IT SUCKS!!!! Lost one on the way to lake mead one year at 11:00 PM between Barstow and Baker.

havaduner
    Carry spare on the trailer. When I tow I have a floor jack in the back of the truck, carry a good lug wrench in the truck as well. Seems to me that if you go prepared, you most likely wont need to use it. If you do, its no big deal. I also carry a spare prop in the boat, figuring that way I'll never ding the one I am running.

wsuwrhr
    Take the tire off and chain up the axle.
    If you have a single axle trailer, you better have a spare.

rrrr
    No way I'd roll without one. Last trip we took to Oklahoma my @#!)(*&$ piece of shit trailer shredded both tires on the brake axle, one going up and one coming back. First one was no problemo, second one had to leave wife and boat beside the road and go find a Walmart in Podunk, OK for a replacement. Took a couple of hours.
    The disc brakes are effed up but that's another story. Anyway, it's cheap peace of mind. I even carry a small floor jack and a cordless impact when we go places. I can change a tire in 15 minutes and be rolling again.

voodooCanoe
    No spare, but I do have a good chain and jack to strap up a axle if I need to.

Partycattin
    Had a run of blowouts for awhile.
    Now I have 2 spares.

justfloatn
    Yea, I did the jack and strap trick.
    But found the weight of this boat was too much for one axle and the tire rubbed on the fender. Had to find a chunk of wood and shove it between the frame and axle to hold it up and get off the freeway.

TRUMP TIGHT
    I'm on my third boat and have never had a spare. Just got bit on the way home yesterday. Three hour ordeal. Ordering a spare and mount today. I notice a lot of trailers in the parking lots without a spare and was wondering how many others roll the dice.
    The boat has a spare but both of my cars have flat spares!

RitcheyRch
    Dont have a spare mounted to the trailer but carry the spare in the back of the truck. I check air pressure before each trip even though not really necessary since run Nitrogen in all my tires.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast